Guess what Kate Witek JUST discovered? If she switches to the Democrat party, she can get back on the ballot for her job as Auditor! How ABOUT THAT? Well that was just a happy coincidence of her switching parties! (Switch could put Witek on ballot – OWH – 8/18/06.)
When Tom Osborne offered to take Witek on as his Lt. Gov running-mate, she figured she had hit the jackpot, since nearly everyone (including Leavenworth Street) figured Dr. Tom had all the Lotto-numbers for a win. Unfortunately, she didn’t realize that Osborne’s run towards the middle during the primary turned off enough GOP voters to give Republican stalwart Dave Heineman the nod.
- Was hoping that Dems turned Republicans would give them the votes they needed;
- Refused to stick with her party against Ben Nelson;
- Had a running feud with Dave Heineman;
- Was still peeved that Chuck Hagel had supported Heinenman over Osborne;
- And, oh yeah, figured out she could RUN again…
…well, the Democrats don’t seem so strange after all!
So when Kate Witek says the Republicans were “only looking at controlling all the offices,” just consider the REAL reason Witek is switching parties – right before the state Democratic convention. (Witek leaves GOP – LJS – 8/18/06).
And by the way Kate, don’t expect too many of those Big Tent Democrats like Fahey and Nelson to join you at the next Pro-Life rally. (Come to think of it, have they EVER showed up to one?)