We’re fairly certain that we could post on the subject of Antarctic based Bulgarian tofu missiles, and the commenters would bring it all back to the State Senator Danielle Nantkes’s DWI (as they’ve been doing on the Fahey post).
So have at it!
Topics to discuss:
- Should her past drinking and driving record (when she was 19) have mattered in her election?
- Should State Senators be subject to arrest during session?
- No ethics committee in the Legislature?
- Closing the bars on a Tuesday night?
- A 1990 Dodge Spirit?
- $1500 damage to the 1990 Dodge Spirit?
- What’s the Blue Book on that sled?
- Should State Senators make more than $12K a year so they can get out of the 1990 Dodge Spirits?
- Cops said “Nantkes smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech, noticeably impaired balance and bloodshot, watery eyes”. Had she not refused, what do you think she would have blown? A point-one-nine?
- Will the Senator be taking part in the Democrats’ “Drinking Liberally” party? (Dems, please let us know if you think this affected turnout. Any press there?)
- What’s the appropriate punishment for a lawmaker here? Feel free to be creative.
- What should she do to make amends? Be very creative.
- A big deal, or not a big deal?
(See a copy of the Accident Report here…)