First, a Separated at Birth, sent in by loyal reader Gary Sadlemyer:
Senator Chuck Hagel and “Friday Night Lights” actor Kyle Chandler
Now, a few thoughts:
- Lee Terry thinks Chuck Hagel won’t run for President. Terry thought this back in April as well. We’re not sure what makes him think it now.
- Bob Novak thinks Hagel may retire.
- 14% of over 8,000 people in an MSNBC poll think Chuck Hagel should get in the Presidential race. (Of course, 61% think Al Gore should run, so, you know…)
- Hagel’s press secretary thinks Hagel will announce his decision “in the next month or two”. We think he should announce by Labor Day.
- Chris Cillizia of the Washington Post thinks that if Hagel doesn’t run, Omaha Mayor Mike Fahey may be the better Democrat candidate than Bob Kerrey. Doesn’t say why he thinks that.
- Some Nebraska Dems (on the new version of the NNN) think that Scott Kleeb hinted he was going to run again for the 3rd Dist House seat. We think that if he does, he’ll get his clock cleaned (again).
- Kleeb thinks that people coming from around the country to the Yearly Kos convention would like a white pine branch. We have no idea why. Kleeb also thought it best to stay up til 2AM drinking beer with bloggers at Yearly Kos. We think that beats getting up at that hour to change a newborn’s diapers.
- The Nebraska GOP thinks that State Senator Tom White’s “Nebraska Leadership” website, which he is using his official office to promote, is really just a campaign website. We think so to.
- While some of those same Dems think Jim Esch is the man to challenge Terry again next year, some say that the Dems have already recruited a big-wig from the business community. Anyone think they know who?
- The New York Times thinks it will be more successful if they make all of their content free on the web, including columns and editorials. We think a certain Omaha paper should follow suit.
- We think that when you leave a comment to this post you should start it with, “I think…”. Why? Why the hell not, it’s the dog days of August.