We’ve had another great year on Leavenworth Street talking Nebraska politics.
Here are a few of our favorite quotes from the past twelve months.
(Add your favorites, in the comments section.)
I’m from Nebraska. I believe that says it all.
Nebraska State Capitol in Lincoln, NE
– # 3 in the Nebraska Young Democrats’ “Top 10 things to do in Omaha”
I will announce a decision on my political future later this year.
– Chuck Hagel‘s non-announcement announcement
I’m a Chuck Hagel guy.
– Jon Bruning, the day after Hagel’s non-announcement announcement
There is no place for blind hate, no matter how disguised, in any legislative body.
– John McCollister on Hagel
Nebraskans will not vote for a chameleon.
– Hagel op Kevin Chapman on Bruning.
Nebraskans are fed up with Senator Hagel’s trying to micromanage the war.
It’s a great country to think about a New York boy and a Nebraska boy to be teamed up leading this nation.
The Hot Rancher!
– Democrat fundraising ad, featuring the appearance of Scott Kleeb
Wash this cream through your hair.
– Ben Nelson‘s barber
I’m not a flake.
He had some encounters with the law regarding alcohol and marijuana.
– Pat Flynn for Senate website
– Lee Terry to Jesse Jackson Jr.
Do you want to step outside?
– Jesse Jackson Jr. to Lee Terry.
Hell, I don’t know what party I belong to any more.
My presumption is that he’s rich.
– Bob Kerrey on Norman Hsu
Johanns is not the heavyweight among Republicans some expect him to be.
– Bruning campaign manager, Jordan McGrain
Well, that doesn’t mean quitting, dear.
– Hagel to The Today Show’s Meredith Vierra
What matters, Robbie the intern’s opinion or mine?
The outsiders should keep their noses out of Nebraska Republicans’ business
– Hal Daub.
If I cured cancer tomorrow people would call it political.
I’m sure that affected his decision to get back to Nebraska now to start scrubbing the smell of Washington from his Senate candidacy.
– McGrain on Johanns
I’m kind of gratified and humbled by the comments.
– Mike Johanns on criticisms from all sides after he left the Ag Dept.
I don’t want to make another concession speech.
– Hal Daub
That NRSC poll was bogus.
If people are sick of Washington why would they want to choose a man who was the president’s lap dog while he was in Washington?
One friend had to turn his combine off in order to hear…
– Kerrey on talking to an actual Nebraskan
Only Leavenworth Street is talking about that.
– Tony Raimondo on if he would run as a Dem.
I don’t want to come across as being critical of Mike Johanns leaving , but…
I would seriously consider an offer.
– Scott Kleeb on whether he will run for Senate
Chuck Hagel is the first Republican… almost 100 years now from George Norris to the present.
I’ll keep all options open, but it’s unlikely.
– Raimondo on running as a Dem.
In 2010 you really could have a meaningful race.
– Jim Esch, conceding the 2008 race to Lee Terry
You’re not my psychologist.
– Bruning to a reporter
I’m not God.
– Steve Achelpohl on trying to find Democrats to run for Congress.
– Brad Ashford, on whether he was thinking about switching to the Democrats.
(Don’t forget to submit your nomination for the Leavenworth Street – Nebraska Politician of the Year!)