I stayed loyal but obviously Fred’s campaign didn’t have the flair I had hoped it would.
– early Fred Thompson supporter, Lee Terry
– Chuck Hagel to his Senate colleagues
– Kleeb (who actually lost his 2006 race by 20,641 votes)
Scott comes out of education. I come out of business. What has business had to do with the last two decades. Change. Change. Change.
If I’d have an opportunity to play a significant role in a significant position –
– Chuck Hagel, on whether he would serve in an Obama cabinet
We shouldn’t have sped, we should have timed it better. I take full responsibility.
– Scott Kleeb after losing his license to drive.
Leavenworth Street has learned that (Tom) Osborne will retire his position as Athletic Director and will mount a late write-in campaign for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate against Mike Johanns.
Husband and parent
I think I’m going to have to go back and read Roe v. Wade. What am I missing here?
– Tony Raimondo
We’ll pay whatever it costs to take this test to prove that I’m not taking drugs. Obviously, I have nothing to hide.
…The best Democrat to face Johanns
– when Esch endorsed Raimondo over Kleeb
If Mr. Esch was still in law school, he would have been kicked out.
We are going to be the best person to beat Mike Johanns
– Scott Kleeb
– State Sen. Brad Ashford on why he won’t run for Mayor of Omaha.
MECA is one of our more prestigious boards, and there are many qualified and deserving people in our community.
– Omaha Mayor Mike Fahey, after kicking David Sokol off the MECA board
– statement from the Mayor’s office, then next day…
It’s hard to imagine that (delegates) are going to vote on someone at the Democratic Convention who’s anti-choice, anti-civil rights for gays and anti-gun control.
Nebraska families cannot afford Jim Esch.
– Former Dem House candidate Richard Carter, endorsing Lee Terry
I could get an axe murderer, I could get a serial rapist and put him up here and say ‘this is Jim Esch, vote for him, he’s here with you.’ and everybody would clap. They don’t know what he looks like. Is Jim Esch here now? How are you going to vote for him? They sent a flunkie because black people are so dumb and so easily tricked that the white man sends his flunkie.
– State Sen. Ernie Chambers
It’s time for a new Mayor to take up where I left off.
– Omaha Mayor Mike Fahey
Who’s going to be the keynoter at the Democratic convention?
– MSNBC’s Chuck Todd answering Tom Brokaw (it ended up being Virginia’s Mark Warner)
I think the Right to Life side is a little more extremist
– Jim Esch, reporting from Ahghanistan
A cowboy is somebody who’s concerned with things in the world in which he lives. The creak of leather as you’re riding a horse. The shadows as the sun sets. Dew on a cow’s back. The smell of rain. The smell of cut hay.
– Scott Kleeb waxing nostalgically to New Yorkers
I’ve now been told that, as a condition of his early support, Ben Nelson told Barack Obama that Chuck Hagel should not, could not and would not be called to serve in a new democrat administration. That pretty much solves the Hagel as Secretary of Anything question.
To be honest with you, I don’t read the blogs because I think I’d go insane probably.
– Jim Esch
– Lee Terry, responding to Jim Esch on the Hill-Terry Bill
– Scott Kleeb after crashing an Omaha Bar Assoc. gig
– the price of gas Kleeb’s campaign listed in an ad
A skunk with a bow.
– Ben Nelson describing the Wall St. bailout bill
– Jim Esch
Obama-Terry Voter anyone?
Scott (Kleeb)might have hurt his back leg on that, because that’s the biggest stretch I have ever heard.
– Mike Johanns
It is ironic that (Congressman Lee Terry) is mocked so snidely by some in his district, given the reality that he has pursued a serious-minded, unegotistical approach to his public service.
– OWH Editorial
He was just a ranchhand, and he worked here probably a total of seven or eight months.
– Scott Kleeb’s former boss, on Kleeb’s career as a cowboy.
– “Jim Esch for Congress” website
– Esch, the week before the election.
–Mrs. Chuck Hagel
I love this state and I believe I love it more than Adrian Smith
– Hal Daub
I don’t talk to channel 7.
– City Councilman Frank Brown
Look, I understand that the whole world is going “green” right now, but I don’t think that means we have to recycle our mayoral candidates.
–Mayoral candidate Jim Vokal
You look at how high it’s gonna be, and how you could do twists and turns all the way down into the infield, and uh, how you could generate snow…–Mayor candidate Jim Suttle proposing a toboggan run inside the new downtown CWS baseball stadium
The council needs be in lockstep with the Mayor.
– Councilman and Mayoral candidate Suttle