From the comments section of the Politico:
President’s Obama’s critics are being unfair and silly for complaining he didn’t attend the ceremony to commemorate the anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Just look at the man’s schedule, he had:
- a 10 a.m daily briefing from the intelligence community,
- a 10:30 a.m. economic daily briefing,
- an 11 a.m. meeting with senior advisers…
- and then, right after that, at 6:45 in the evening, he had to sign an executive order about hiring veterans
- and then at 7 p.m. he had a meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu (with preconditions).
In the interim, it’s not like he was just sitting around the Rose Garden and enjoying the weather. Take a look at the White House web site, where you’ll see he was… oh. He was sitting in the Rose Garden enjoying the weather.