I don’t know what I’d do.
– state Senator Brad Ashford, on whether he would run for Mayor if Jim Suttle is recalled.
If this group is going to keep advancing the erosion of our election process, they need to come forward with full disclosure of the secret polling data that is driving them.
– Omaha Democrats’ plan for defeating the Mayoral recallers
I don’t consider FOX an enemy. I consider FOX definitely representing more MODERATE and definitely more conservative voices…
– Liberal Democrat Jane Kleeb to FOX’s Bill O’Reilly
– Omaha Nighthawks fans to Mayor Jim Suttle
He’s my kind of guy!
– Vice President, Joe Biden on Tom White
– new line on some Omaha restaurant receipts
Tom White’s ad is a a false and disgraceful attack on Lee Terry and his family. It’s politics at its worst. … Tom, leave the trash in the gutter, and start talking issues.
– Mike Johanns, in an ad for Lee Terry
I will not rebuild nations — Medieval Muslim nations — at the cost of our citizens at home.
– Tom White, on which religion he supports
Ben Nelson: One of the Worst Members of Congress
– Esquire Magazine
– OWH poll on the CD-2 race.
The actual final numbers were Terry 61%, White 39%
Terry’s lead grew to 8 percentage points among more committed voters — those who said they had already voted or definitely planned to vote.
– the OWH, sort of noting the BS of their other results
I’m running through the gantlet and can’t see the end, We’re in a period of bitch, moan and complain. We need ideas, answers and solutions.
– Jim Suttle
My name may not be on the ballot, but our agenda for moving forward is on the ballot.
– President Obama, prior to November shellacking
The folks in Omaha love that man.
– Vice President Joe Biden, on Tom White
I am very suspicious of the recallers.
– Dick Holland, funder of the anti-Recallers, and liberal hit websites
Davis said she wants people to be engaged in the system, so she carries around campaign literature of her opponent, Hill, and hands it to voters, telling them that even if they don’t support a Democrat, there are other options.
– story on CD-3 candidate Rebekah Davis and “independent” Dan Hill, running against Congressman Adrian Smith
The media did everything they could to say this was a contest. In my opinion it never was.
– Lee Terry, Sr. on Election night
White never received any financial help from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, a clear sign his race was not viewed as likely to succeed.
– OWH the day after the election, with some information you never heard prior to the election
Heineman WILL NOT run in 2012
– Leavenworth Street headline (scoop)
Announcement tomorrow morning 10am re Sen Nelson’s Senate seat. Isn’t it time we rein in Federal Spending and take America back?
– Tweet from Jon Bruning
Even after they spent millions of dollars in attack ads against health care, their own partisan polling shows Senator Nelson with strong approval ratings.
– Nelson spokesman on Nelson’s 50% approval rating
Ben Nelson has no interest in changing parties.
– Nelson spokesman
If Ben is the nominee in 2012, whoever his opposing candidate is will be scrutinized like they’ve never been scrutinized before. Ben’s task will be to tear down whoever his opponent is and he’ll do it. There will not be a nook or a cranny not explored.
– GOPer, David Kramer
I made a pact with the voters to serve four years…
– Jim Suttle
We will use any and all efforts that we have to ensure that the recall effort doesn’t go through.
– anti-Recall spokesperson, Noelle Obermeyer
We’ve had people call back and say, ‘I signed the petition, but I didn’t know it was to recall the mayor.‘
– Noelle Obermeyer
We haven’t seen anything that has been outrageously fraudulent or anything like that.
– Election Commissioner Dave Phipps
When people say the whole Ogallala Aquifer is at risk, they’re wrong.
– UNL hydro-geolgist Jim Goecke on the anti-pipeline rhetoric
(The recall election) will never happen.
–Vince Powers, attorney for the anti-recallers
How does a lieutenant governor shake hands with the governor? He clasps firmly and extends two fingers up the governor’s sleeve to check for a pulse.
– Lt. Gov Rick Sheehy
Nelson will be 71 on Election Day 2012 and, given what he’s up against, may decide to step aside.
– Washington Post
Suttle said his family — especially his wife, Deb, and their 9-year-old grandson — “are going through a tremendous problem right now” because of the recall.
Want to know if your friend or neighbor signed the recall? Full searchable database of names…
– Twitterer on the OWH’s database
I’ve never seen Ben Nelson speak so negatively about GOP.
– Markos Moulitsas
Is that what I just said?
– Kay Orr, on if she is ruling out running against Ben Nelson
There are people that are hoping that a candidate captivates them more than Jon does.
– David Kramer
Fortenberry has shown little public interest so far in challenging Sen. Ben Nelson.
– The Hill
It is the public’s right to prevent egregious or criminal acts by an office holder. I have done neither.
– Jim Suttle, misrepresenting the Nebraska statute
Jon Bruning 52%
Ben Nelson 38%
– poll on the 2012 Senate race
Even if this Court granted the benefit of every doubt to the Plaintiff in his assertions, the most that would be rejected would be 1,678 signatures. This is still less than the 2,077 cushion that was created by the recall process. As such, this the Court finds against the Plaintiff and dismisses this matter. The recall election will proceed as scheduled.
– Judge Peter Bataillon
Now (the mayor) will just deal with the election.
I am no different than Bo Pelini.
– Jim Suttle, on his campaign strategy
Hopefully I will have enough things in place that the concepts we have done will stay there and will be followed.
– Jim Suttle, on the future
Leavenworth Street Politician of the Year coming Friday morning.