Twittergate

On our Twitter feed we saw this on come across from @JonBruning:

“Why am I worried to click though? ‘From Guthrie to Garland to Gaga: The All-TIME 100 songs,”

Of course, we harkened back to the Attorney General’s “Justin Bieber is a talented guy” tweet, and didn’t think too much of it. But then the tweets rolled on, and looked something like this:

If you follow any of those ow.ly links they go to either random marketing pages or to random photos.

Minutes after all of this, @JonBruning tweeted this:

Do you think Roman Hruska had to put up with this crap?

The gang at Public Policy Polling is apparently out in the field in Nebraska again.

The self described “Democrat” pollsters are phoning questions about Lee Terry — asking whether he is conservative enough, and tossing around “bailout” terms.

Interesting angle for either the Dems or his primary challengers…who have no money?
We look forward to the results.

Did you read where an Iowa Insurance employer will drop seventy Nebraska jobs because they need to drop out of the private insurance business because of…ObamaCare?

Well, there are 70 more jobs Ben Nelson personally crushed with his 60th vote for ObamaCare. So let’s see, embarrassing the state with the CornhuskerKickback, and then flushing Nebraska jobs down with it.

Outstanding work Senator. You should run some more ads on that.

Oh, and speaking of ads, remember when Nelson argued that all of his “Skunk” and “Fumble” and “PeaPod” ads were all just “issue ads” and were not really campaign ads for him? Remember that?

Well, Nelson’s colleague Bob Menendez (D-NJ) pointed out to RollCall that these are campaign ads aimed at engaging with Nelson’s opponents to ensure that the race in Nebraska doesn’t get away from them.

Oh, so those spots that have Nelson talking to the camera with “Ben Nelson” in giant letters behind him are actually just a big ads for “Ben Nelson”?

Golly. Whoulda thunk it?

And… This! Ain’t! Sparta!!!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Huskers!!!!!!

(And go buy some Husker stuff on Amazon.com via Leavenworth Street’s Amazon links. That feeling when there is an Amazon box on your porch is awesome. No extra cost to you, a little love to us! Thanks!)

Not too smart to hack a State Attorney General’s account.

Vernon J must be trying to get his posts deleted.

2. I received a robo call last night. I was asked to push 1 if I was a Dem and 2 if I was a Republican. I selected “end call”.

Great line here from the Nelson article: “‘It’s a matter of leaving those decisions to my campaign manager. We discuss things, but he’s in charge of the campaign,’ the Senator explained.”

I thought they were issue ads…

3. Bruning staff... says:

Like I dunno I was just shopping and uh had our passwords in my purse and I saw a shirt on sale and was like omg! And then I realized it wasn’t in my size! Oh well off to te next store… Wait, wheres my purse? Oh well!

4. Deb Fischer Staff... says:

What is your stance on the economy…Hold on let me call Kay Orr…How about your stance on the pipeline… just a moment Kay what do you think

5. Kortezzi says:

If a politician doesn’t understand Twitter well enough to (A) set a password that isn’t easily guessed or (B) refrain from delegating access to immature staffers, then he should NOT TWEET. It’s a high-risk, low-reward medium.

At least the “hacked” Bruning tweets didn’t feature Anthony Wiener style messages or more comments about raccoons.

Nelson says he isn’t in charge of him running for his own reelection. Ben said of his manager Paul, “He’s in charge.”

If the buck stops over there, so be it. Let’s dump Ben and run Paul for the Senate.

7. anonymous says:

The Suttle recall failure, the devastation of the Lincoln city elections, the complete collapse of Bruning’s campaign, and finally the Governor joining Jane Kleeb and Bold Nebraska in opposing the pipeline route.

Could 2011 have possibly been any worse for Nebraska Republicans than it was?

8. Confused says:

To Anon 12:05 AM:

Bruning outraised Nelson this last fundraising quarter. I don’t think a collapsed campaign could do such a thing.

9. FYI says:

Twitter accounts can be entered without anyone ever needing your password. Its the same with facebook messages that are sent out without the password ever being used.