Senator Ben Nelson (you know, the Cornhusker Kickback guy) has a newer version of his TV ad up on the Nebraska Democrats’ YouTube page. See it here:
Note that Nelson said:
I approved this message to stop any plan that weakens Social Security or Medicare.
Uh, well, then Senator maybe you should talk to your buddy Senator John (“Why the long face?”) Kerry.
Here, you can hear Kerry specifically note on Meet the Press on Sunday that when Ben Nelson was the deciding vote for ObamaCare, they cut $500 Billion (that’s “B” Billion) from Medicare:
For you lazybonz who can’t click the YouTuber, Kerry said,
“We just cut $917 billion dollars without one dime of new revenue. He knows it. We just did it. We cut $550 billion in the health care act from Medicare.”
His poll numbers tell you that no matter how many millions the Democrat Senatorial Campaign Committee drops in the pockets of the Nebraska TV stations, the voters aren’t buying Ben Nelson’s schtick.
They remember his deciding vote for ObamaCare.
They remember his vote for the Porkulus Stimulus.
And they remember the Cornhusker Kickback.
But other than the blatant lies and misleading statements, we sort of like the photostrip ad thing. So there’s that.
In the “yeah, we’ve heard this many times already” department (right next to men’s wear and hats), National Journal’s Hotline put the Nebraska Senate race as the #2 most likely to flip parties next November.
(FYI, they’ve got North Dakota #1.)
And the funny thing is, that’s based on ANY of the top three candidates taking the nomination.
But again, you probably already knew all that…
OK, here is where we’d like your assistance.
From time to time we get contacted by students (usually college aged) who want the inside beef on what’s happening politically in Nebraska and yadda yadda yadda.
Well, we received a multiple part question from this student about Nebraskans and their GOP Presidential preferences. So we are going to put those Qs out to you, and ask that you throw your $.02 in the comments section.
We are still going to answer back as we see fit, but thought it would be interesting to get your input. So here goes:
- Is there a general consensus about a GOP Presidential candidate that you get from your readers?
- Which candidate do you think is the current frontrunner in Nebraska?
- What attributes of this candidate make him or her the frontrunner?
- Are Nebraskans attracted to Herman Cain more than other candidates because of his Nebraska ties?
- Have the sexual allegations against Cain swayed Nebraskans away from him?
- Because the Nebraska primary is so late, do you think Nebraskans will be influenced by the results of other primaries or stick to their preferred candidate? (For example, do you think Nebraskans would choose a more moderate frontrunner so they feel like their vote will count rather than voting for a preferred more conservative candidate?)
So there ya go. Dive in on any and all (number your responses so we can follow along).
Hopefully you’ll give some great comments and our student here will get something better than a C+. You know, considering we’re doing the majority of the work…
But you know what’s not work? What’s mostly just plain old good times?
Black Friday Week deals at Amazon.com, that’s what!
Seriously, you should look at some of these before you head out to Walmart in a tryptophan stupor on Thanksgiving night. And hey, when you purchase something via our links, Leavenworth Street gets a little love back from you (always anonymously).
Thanks and thanks to everyone who has already clicked!