Kerrey to Rove: Oh yeah? Well you’re fat!

New York resident and voter, Bob Kerrey, visited Nebraska for his big four-whole-days excursion to “see if he should run for Senate in Nebraska.”

Kerrey, who has not lived in the state for over ten years, believes that because one of his kids lives in Nebraska and partly owns businesses in Nebraska, he is practically a resident.

You know, the kind of resident who hasn’t lived in Nebraska for ten years and considers a four-day vacation to the Cornhusker State to be all the time he needs to re-represent one of the “big square state out in the midwest”.

Why, did you know that Kerrey even has FRIENDS in New York who are from Nebraska??? Not sure why Kerrey has not suggested that they run for the Unicameral, but maybe they just haven’t figured out which subway line reaches Lincoln.

And Kerrey also has something to say to big, bad Karl Rove, whose organization started running the radio ads against Kerrey.

“Yo, Karl! You’re fat! Hahahahahahaha!”

To quote him — only one of the times, since he used variations on this line in ALL of his media visits:

“I heard your very funny radio ad and would like to invite you to come to Nebraska and have a burger with my family at one of my restaurants. Or better: Let’s work out at one of my health clubs. I am certain you’ll be glad you did.”

That was the tamest of them.

But Cosmic Bob Kerrey making an ad hominem attack? Gee, the room is spinning! Can’t beleive such a thing!

Oh wait, Kerrey said of Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown:

“…in Massachusetts, they are willing to elect a guy who doesn’t believe in evolution just to keep the Democrats from having 60 votes.”

To which Brown’s camp replied…

“Scott Brown believes in evolution but in the case of Bob Kerrey he’s willing to make an exception.”

Ah the memories of Kerrey. Vindictive Kerrey. Pro abortion, pro cap and trade, pro ObamaCare, pro Democrat Kerrey.

And it has only taken four days to remember all this!

Just think what a few more months will do!

(Decision from Cosmic Bob next week!)

Did you hear the big news!?
Well it’s official.

Street Sweeper is going to ask to be appointed the head of the Nebraska Democratic Party. Sweeper has been a leading voice in favor of the Keystone XL Pipeline, and knows that the Democratic Party needs some “common sense” and “good ideas” instead of just getting another party “suit” in there.

We are looking forward to the party’s response.

Oh, and coverage in the OWH, LJS and Hastings TV. Because makes plennnnnnty of sense and couldn’t just be a media ploy, yeah?

Since it’s a chilly Friday afternoon (or whenever you may be reading this), feel free to weigh in on the results from chilly New Hampshire or whatever will happen in balmy South Carolina, and beyond.

And, uh, remember that one guy with the sweater vests? Santorini? What happened to him?

Anyone think a brokered convention could still happen? How about the Obama-Clinton ticket we were talking about a month or so ago?

The comments section is open.
Have yourself a weekend.

1. RWP says:

Actually, offering him a burger at Grandmother’s is equivalent to a threat.

But “I own stuff in that state, therefore I can be their senator” is an interesting principle, unfortunately one which is at variance with Article 1 Section 3 of the Constitution.

2. RWP,
    Apparently you MISSED the “…and my daughter and grandkids live there” Clause in one of those Articles.
    I believe it’s right after the “Karl Rove is fat” Clause but before the “I know other Nebraskans in New York” Clause.
    -Ed.

3. Kortezzi says:

Scott Brown certainly got the better of Bob Kerrey in that little exchange!

My favorite Kerrey anecdote was when he urgently had a National Guard helicopter fly him to the NE – KS border to stop a Union Pacific train containing sealed low-level radioactive waste headed to a storage site. He actually thought a Governor should be asked for permission on each such shipment! When Kerrey learned such shipments had gone on many times before, and that Federal authority preempts any State actions, he blustered a bunch of pathetic excuses – – but never admitted to making a mistake, or a fool of himself.

Kerrey owns restaurants and fitness clubs? Isn’t that like owning a liquor store and a rehab facility? Hedging his bets, obviously. So, now that we know he’s a kind and compassionate liberal who is in favor of Obamacare and has had no problem with Nanny Bloomberg’s banning of salt, transfat, cigarettes, and whatever else he doesn’t like in New York City, I wonder what’s on the menu at his restaurants? I’m sure it’s all low cal, low fat, high fiber stuff that contributes to the health and well-being of Obama’s subjects.

5. JC says:

I’m not a Kerrey fan, but since you bring up Kerrey’s ad hominem attacks and Santorum all in the same post (to be clear I’m not a Santorum fan either), let’s remember what Kerrey also said about the Pennsylvania Senator:

“Santorum, that’s Latin for a$$hole.”

Classy guy

6. Bam says:

I blame Chuck Hagel. He came home after years away and showed Nebraskans WERE dumb enough to elect a carpetbagger. I thought it was interesting that Bob chose to praise Chuck in his “Aren’t you excited at the prospect of having me back?” interview.

When I was a kid, I bought a square inch of Alaska through a box of cereal. That makes me a long-time property owner there – guess I’ll file to run for Senate there!

7. thatburgerwentrightthroughme says:

What the hell was Bob Kerrey doing in Greenwich Villiage for ten years? Isn’t that latex underwear central?

Article 1, Section 3 of the Constitution of the United States DOES NOT require residency prior to election as that state’s Senator, to wit:
    No person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty Years,
    and been nine Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected,
    be an Inhabitant of that State for which he shall be chosen.

Thus RWP’s first comment above is misleading, since Kerrey may easily establish residency prior to the election.

Kerrey has a long history with Nebraska. He continues to pay property taxes in Nebraska. He understands the Nebraska economy, political organization and social problems better than ANY commenter at Leavenworth Street. Yet so many respondents at this cite vilify him for currently living in New York City, erroneously calling him a “carpetbagger” (check the actual definition of this word), and hurling insults at anyone disagreeing with their position.

Leavenworth Street could be a source of persuasion and information. Instead, it is often nothing more than a platform for megalomania…

(P.S. I wouldn’t vote for Kerrey were I able UNLESS the choice is ONLY between him and Bruning. So don’t hurl insults my way and accuse me of being a liberal!)

The fear of Kerry displayed here is palpable. The schoolyard taunts from the bullies are the usual fare expected from those accustomed to picking on the weaker kids. They just hope old Cosmic Bob doesn’t hear them and decide to come kick their asses.
    As for what’s on the menu at Grandma’s, I thought you GOPers had the ability to choose for yourselves what you cram down your own throats. Ooops, my bad, I forgot how you allow Fox News to cram their crap down there.

RWP has a long history of saying he is smarter than everyone else and than pulling a stupid stunt like above. Read his stuff with grain of salt. When it comes to Bob Kerrey you can tell RWP is fully of envy.Kerrey is everything RWP is not. Successful businessman. War hero. Governor, Senator. Ran a college. If Kerrey had a R beside his name on the ballot box , my oh my the words out of his mouth would be slobbering with support

12. RWP says:

I’m afraid most everything is misleading to TA. It’s a confusing old world out there.

But it’s good to see an non-resident like her take up the cudgels for a non-resident like CosmicBob.

13. RWP says:

Anonymous Coward @ 9:10 misses the most dramatic difference between me and Bob the War Hero. I don’t have the deaths of 20 women, children and old men, killed in cold blood, on my conscience. It’s good to be able to sleep at night.

Bob’s College presidency was not exactly a success story, by the way. In 2008, senior faculty voted no confidence in his leadership, by 74:2. Said Bob, of the job he had been doing at the time for over 8 years.

“They say I don’t understand higher education. To a certain extent it’s true I don’t understand. It’s baffling at times.”

What does it say about a boss that 97% of his senior employees hated him and were willing to say so publicly, an that he publicly admitted he didn’t know what he was doing?

So let’s not our resident loonies change the subject. This isn’t about boring old RWP. It’s about Bob Kerrey and his long history of nastiness and incompetence.

14. Comparison to Hagel says:

I am not a Chuck Hagel fan but the Kerry apologists do not have their facts straight.

Hagel lived here 2 years before the primary
    Hagel had a job here, running the McCarthy Group
    Hagel’s wife and kids lived here

Now let’s look at Bob Kerry

He is talking about being a candidate and he still does not live here
    His current employment is in New York and his last job was in New York
    Kerry’s family has no plans of ever living here
    Kerry told Joe Jordan that his kid won’t go to school here

15. Nebraska School Supporter says:

I guess Sidwell Friends in DC is a better place to send your son to than a Nebraska School. I don’t think Nebraska has ever had a person represent us that has had his family NEVER live here. I would rather have Jane Kleeb run. At lease she lives and works here and her kids go to Nebraska schools.

“The fear of Kerry displayed here is palpable.” Fear? Not hardly. Loathing would be more like it. The main reason that we are focusing on Kerrey, though, is that there is really no current Nebraskan Democrat who is a legitimate candidate for Senator. Plus, given the long Democrat tradition of bringing in non-residents to run for the Senate, his threats to run have to be taken seriously. Therefore, following another long Democrat tradition of defining the opposition as early as possible, we hereby crown Cosmic Bob Kerrey as an incompetent, Dennis Kucinich level of liberal, Obamacare-loving, high-tax loving, high-government debt-loving, carpetbagger.

Now that I put that in writing, I am actually looking forward to Kerrey running. Making fun of this clown will provide months of entertainment.

17. Mrs. Kerrey says:

We see Nebraska all the time. Nebraska is very beautiful from 40,000 ft as we are flying to Hollywood several times a year. I love those little green circles I see in Western Nebraska. What are those?

18. Bob Loblaw says:

Bob Kerrey is a shining example of why people in Nebraska have a problem with liberals. He chose to leave the state and move to NYC. That’s fine. But don’t now come and think that us simple little Nebraska folk are too dumb to choose someone who has chosen to make this this great state their home. In their mind only those who live in on the coasts know what Nebraskans need and want. They know better about our state than what we do. DC should make our decisions for us. We are too simple and vote against ouir own interests. Bob Kerrey may really care for and love Nebraska. He may always consider himself a Nebraskan. But by choosing to leave the state and in his actions show that he doesn’t want this state to be his home, he closed the door to being a representative of Nebraskans. He may not think so. People here may argue it. But if he is foolish enough to run the voters will deliver that message loud and clear.

Maybe the appointment of a formidable opponent in Sen. Seiler has Jane re-thinking her quest for a “State Senate” seat. (She still doesn’t know we have a one house Unicameral.)Two posts here touting her for Senate saying she is more of a Nebraskan than Bob Kerrey. Actually, I have would to give it to Kerrey for being less of a carpetbagger than Jane. So is Jane thinking she can slip into the Dem nomination if Kerrey bows out? That would be delightful.

TexasAnnie calls this website a “cite” and then demands others here “check the actual definition” of a word. She accuses others of vilifying Kerrey while she slaps at people. She accuses others of megalomania while she discerns the meaning of the constitution for us. She says she is proven not a liberal while offering instances of when she would vote for Bob Kerrey. So, basically, don’t let this gal in your back seat with anything sharp.

I wonder if Macdaddy’s mommy helps him read the replies to the posts she’s helped him write. That would explain why he believes his crap that gets posted here.

22. Nebraskan (for real) says:

Kerry must really be grinning ear to ear. As a Senator he still won’t have to be here often…six years getting paid to ‘represent’ us. There are enough reasonable Democrats that won’t appreciate him serving our state for 12 years and then being too refined & cultured to come back. Even Dems won’t like his audacity to claim residence here so he can chill w/ his peeps on the East Coast. He’ll be a sacrificial lamb. Up his!

Anon 2:39 am: yes, my mommy does help me. Of course she’s not as cool as yours because I have to have the computer off by midnight. Do you have any tips on how I can talk her into letting me move into the basement like you so I can stay up as late as I want?

24. Sweetwater Observer says:

And please, Nebraska voters, don’t forget Bob Kerrey’s news making relationship with corrupt Democrat contributor, Norman Hsu. Kerrey recruited gool ole Norman to the New School’s Board of Trustees for obvious reasons, most of which involve money.

I refer you to the September 27, 2007 Plains Feeder for more insight.

25. RWP says:

@2:44

I’m waiting for all the folks who were doing the 3:16 thang last week to explain to me what happened to John 10:45, which seems to be missing. Chapter 10 ends before the final field goal, with “And many believed on him”.

Now, for the first time, I can reveal the missing three verses at the end of John 10:

But their hopes were dashed by one Thomas, husband of Giselle, who bestowed unto them six touchdown passes
    And there was weeping and gnashing of teeth in the house of Denver
    As the tribe of the Belichek advanced to the championship game, to smite the foul tribe of ravens and their unworthy King Flacco. And the people saw it was good.

Macdaddy, My mommy passed away 22 years ago. If you want to stay up as late as you like, try getting a full-time job and working hard at it for 45 years, as I did. Then you can retire and do as you please for the remainder of your days.

27. Whatever says:

Mike Johanns severed all ties except for a few run-down HUD house that allowed him to pocket some taxpayer money. He didn’t even establish residency until over 2 months after he had announced. He then bought a small condo in Omaha, one he’s never at because his primary home is in Arlington, VA.

Yet you voted for him. He had no plans to return if he could make it in DC on the political scene long term. But being a life-long politician and being addicted to that taxpayer money was the only draw back.