A few very short notes on this Good Friday and Easter weekend…
David Nabity is apparently out polling in the Omaha area for a potential Mayoral run.
The questions on these things are always interesting, so here is what a reader reported to us from the call:
Caller i.d. just said “Omaha”.
The poll was divided into about 7 sections:
1) Qualifiers- year born, etc.
2) City issues- Crime, jobs, taxes, tourism, police/fire contracts, etc.
3) Fav/Unfav for
- Mayor Jim Suttle
- David Nabity
- Brad Ashford
- Jean Stothert
- Franklin Thomspon
- Dan Welch
- Hal Daub (more on the reason Hal may have been included later)
4) Head to heads (Nabity was probably in most but not all)
5) The next section mostly dealt with bio information on Nabity — his business experience, talk show on KFAB, church involvement, Omaha Alliance, recall attempt on Suttle, Fire/Police Pension and contracts — then if knowing that would make you more/less likely to vote for him.
6) Asked if you voted in the recall…and then how you voted.
7) Final qualifiers- work for the city, member of union et cetera.
Our reporter’s opinion is that they asked fav/unfav on Hal to know how closely to be or not to be associated with him.
It is possible you could see these results, but also just as likely they will only be used internally by D-Nabs.
It is never too soon for 2013!
We really do not have much more to say on CreepyGate. (Sounds better than TwitterGate, but still includes the obligatory “-Gate” for any political controversy…)
The next debate is on April 11th in Norfolk, and our guess is that all the candidates will avoid talking about extraneous stuff, lest they be labeled as “non-serious” or some such.
Frankly, we are just hoping for a few more bombs to keep us awake during the things…
The Governor and the Speaker have decided to go toe-to-toe, mainly on the health care for pregnant illegal immigrants, thing.
But really, other than his bull-horn, forget about the Governor on this. It will be/ could be an issue if Speaker Mike Flood decides to take on Lt. Gov Rick Sheehy for the McMansion in 2014.
Feel free to continue arguing on this issue on the comments board. Note that you could argue that the immigration issue sent Governor Dave past Tom Osborne in 2006. Exciting stuff.
Short and sweet today kids.
Gear up on Monday for the whirlwind of the Primary Season!