Kerrey: Don’t invade North Korea!

Bob Kerrey gave a severe warning to America’s military and saber-rattling class:

“Don’t you dare invade Russia!”

Oh, wait.
No, it was

“Don’t you dare invade Canada!”

Hmm.
(Checking….)

Ok, it was, “Don’t you dare invade Iran!”

Yeah, we got it on that last one. Here is the video from Bob Kerrey, answering the question that no one was asking: Should the U.S. invade Iran:

Now we have certainly heard about bombing Iran. And we have had clandestine plans that have sabotaged their reactors. And we are pretty sure that if Iran directly attacked Israel that the U.S. would assist in a very harsh response.

But if there has been any serious discussion about putting American troops on the ground to invade Iran, we have not heard it. But hey, Bob Kerrey is a foreign and military policy expert..nay, GENIUS! So when he says, “Don’t invade Iran!”, well, we should certainly heed his expert advice.

Because he will tell you that HE doesn’t need any Harvard educated staffer coming into his office to tell HIM not to invade Iran. You know why? Because he just said it! There.

[Coming soon! Bob Kerrey’s Ag advice! “Don’t sow your fields with salt! I have been to Carthage!”]

When we looked at Bob Kerrey’s FEC filing, we sort of groaned. Yeah, we knew he pulled in all the low-hanging fruit and put $900K into his account. But he also listed every single contribution — which put his report over a thousand pages. Lucky for us, paid outlets have interns to scour these things.

So let us hear it from Politico about who actually contributed to Kerrey’s campaign:

All except $210,000 of it came from supporters outside Nebraska, including friends in New York and Washington — the latest reminded of his decade outside the Cornhusker state.

Kerrey is raking in checks from allies he made on Capitol Hill and during his decade long career as a university president in New York City.

Because, you see it sucks to try to raise money in Nebraska. Just ask Kerrey’s campaign manager:

“It’s not as if we’re a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow,” Kerrey campaign manager Paul Johnson (who lives in Louisiana) said of Nebraska.

Yeah Paul! How could ANYONE raise money in Nebraska?

Still Kerrey’s first cash haul marks a sharp contrast with that of his chief Republican rival.

State attorney General Jon Bruning — the front-runner in next months’ GOP nominating contest — has raised $3.3 million so far this cycle. Bruning has raised 58% of his cash from inside Nebraska (vs Kerrey’s 23%).

Bob Kerrey: Hoping to become New York’s junior, junior Senator…

And then they are still letting Ben Nelson vote on stuff in the Senate, you know.

Yesterday was a sort of big-deal vote on the National Labor Relations Board’s abush election rule — where employers are forced to hold very quick elections on whether or not to form a union. This was pitted pretty clearly in the Senate as being pro-Right To Work (and pro-small business) vs Pro- Union. And it went straight down party lines (with one Alaska GOP defection).

And where was Ben Nelson? Well, the vote went down party lines. And Ben Nelson is not up for election this year. So, of course, he voted with his Democrats.

Just like Bob Kerrey would.

Do you see where this is going? Good.

1. Lil Mac says:

Bob Kerrey is right. Invading Iran is stupid.

The last time the USA invaded Iran was under Democrat Navy Lieutenant Jimmy Carter in 1980. Carter’s Operation Eagle Claw was a mess. Carter left 8 dead American soldiers to be dragged, lifeless, cut to pieces, through the streets of Teheran, Iran, like dog carcasses. And what did that naval hero Carter do? Nothing. Carter gave away Okinawa, gave away Panama to Noriega, both of which were paid for by US blood and sweat. But it was Carter invading Iran that got Carter thrown out of the Presidency by US voters who found his Democrat/Navy Officer leadership a load of crap.

Bob “Carter” Kerrey picks a topic that shoots himself. Whatever he learned in two months of combat seems not to have sunk in too far. Bob’s mouth his own worst enemy.

2. Obvious Guy says:

Bob Kerrey.

On War.

So, am I to understand that, uh, “War” is a platform issue of the Kerrey Campaign? In that case, I’m looking forward to:

Bob Kerrey.

On Drugs.

3. Iranian Villager says:

Thank Goodness!!! We all know what Happens to innocent Villagers when Bob Kerrey invades a foreign country!

This is an odd ad overall. Kerrey sounds old and crotchety while basically saying that we shouldn’t do it because the cost will be too high. Maybe he thinks we won’t win. Does he really think that we would undertake a war with Iran in the same way we did with Iraq and Afghanistan? Does he realize that the strategies in Iraq and Afghanistan were completely different from each other? Did he miss the millions of Iranians marching in the streets 2 years ago begging to be free? President Obama hung them out to dry, so maybe he doesn’t want to bring it up. For a guy who is supposed to be smart he sure didn’t sound very smart or informed.

Bob Kerrey: Because Tangents are Awesome!

5. A Warning To Nebraska says:

I am Bob Kerrey, and I am warning everyone in Nebraska that invading Kansas would be a horrrible mistake. No one has suggested that we should……just sayn’.

6. Bob K (Maybe not Really) says:

Hey NIFA.Where have you been? I may need a little extra money for my business interests. Think you and the board I appointed will give me any money again? Coflict of interest? Who said anything about that?

7. Scott Lautenbaugh says:

I was tipped off to the new Bob Kerrey ad by Jonah Goldberg’s post this morning about it on the Corner, and it struck me as odd as well. I started listing over on my Facebook page a number of things which no one had suggested that I had boldly opposed last Legislative session. New campaign slogan (if I wasn’t term-limited): “Scott Lautenbaugh– standing firm against things no one is for!”

Senator Lautenbaugh, what do you think of Colby Coash dismissing Ted Nugent’s terroristic threats towards POTUS as “he’s a free speech guy, and so am I.”

I thought you guys watch FOX? They talk about attacking and even invading Iran all the time. Or is it when they get off the birther stuff you stop paying attention?

10. Scott Lautenbaugh says:

I think “Stranglehold” and “Free-for-All” were his best songs, I will fight to my last breath any attempt to ban these records. (Sorry– still in Kerrey-mode.)

(Seriously– the comments by Ted were crazy Ted-speak, and not terroristic threats. If they had risen to that level, Ted would be in trouble. He’s not, so the comments must not have risen to that level. When you bring the man to town who penned “Wang, Dang- Sweet etc.”, you have to accept that all of the comments won’t be in tone similar to what George Will or some hypothetical repectable left-wing commentator might say.)

Nugent was investigated by the Secret Service and banned from the USO tour so his comments must have been raised to some level of alarm. I think Coash needs to distance himself from those comments.

12. RWP says:

Senator Lautenbaugh, what do you think of Colby Coash dismissing Ted Nugent’s terroristic threats towards POTUS as “he’s a free speech guy, and so am I”

Get a grip on reality. Risperidone can help.

13. RWP says:

Macdaddy; I don’t know why he’s supposed to be smart. The old hands at UNL say he was dumb as a brick, but had a big mouth.

Somebody also ought to look into that misappropriated $350. That was real money back in the 60’s.

I just got 2 phone calls tonite from the Ron Paul people doing a little survey…asking about what issue is most important, more/less/same gun controls, strong/moderate pro-life or moderate/strong pro-choice, and which candidate I think has the best chance and what candidate is my preference

Guess Paul’s people are deciding if Nebraska is worth coming to.

15. Lil Mac says:

I want Obama protected, healthy and voted out of office. But Obama is punishing his own body guards, killing their careers for them doing what Clinton got away with. It may be that Obama hates Free Enterprise because it turns otherwise good Socialist sluts into bad Capitalist whores. But, regardless of his reasons, Obama is punishing his own Praetorian Guard. Obama told the Press that he views his bodyguards exactly like he views the rest of his staff. But his staffers aren’t there to take a bullet for him. If I were Obama, I’d not piss off my guards or give them reasons to move slower.

16. Ron Paul idiots says:

They are calling Republican County Convention Delegates. I said I supported Romney and they asked how committed I was. These Bozos are looking to upset conventions when the outcome is already decided.

17. Paula says:

“Now we have certainly heard about bombing Iran”

I pretty sure bombing Iran would be a declaration of war, by everyone’s standard.

18. Scott Lautenbaugh says:

Paula– That’s not the point. He’s talking about an invasion– not bombing, not declaring war. Paraphrasing– “If 250,000 wasn’t enough to go into Iraq, we’ll need a million in Iran.” No one else is suggesting that. We bombed in the Balkans a few years ago– it didn’t take a million men, because we didn’t invade. I don’t even think we declared war.

Any way you slice it, this is an odd ad. He’s clearly irritated by– and contemptuously dismissive of– something that isn’t even being contemplated. If that’s what he spends his time doing, his days would be full, I’d imagine.

Good job DRCP, you scheduled the county convention for the same day as the Elkhorn parade. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if our illustrious chairman is in some way involved in the Ron Paul people calling delegates, in addition in trying to stack the next central committee with his own people.

20. RWP says:

We’re already conducting cyberwarfare operations against Iran. Those operations cost them millions of dollars, and were by all accounts highly successful in delaying Iran’s uranium enrichment efforts. Does Kerrey oppose these efforts?

21. JC says:

Why shouldn’t Ron Paul try and win delegates at the conventions and stack the central committees with his people? He has basically won the majority of delegates in Iowa and Minnesota by actually knowing how conventions work and going through the process (if you don’t believe that just google “Ron Paul Iowa Minnesota, there is an article in the International Business Times about it). If Romney’s as inevitable as everybody thinks he is and Ron Paul as insignificant as some people claim, then Romney should have no trouble winning Nebraska’s conventions and so the whole thing of Paul people calling shouldn’t be a big deal.

22. JC says:

And good to know Kerrey doesn’t want to invade Iran, too bad he didn’t have the same concern for peace and America’s fiscal stability in 2002 when he supported invading Iraq.

Because his supporters are the same type that support Matt Sakalosky, Glenn Freeman and Jerry Odom. They are not party people, which is kinda important if they’re going to be the leaders of the party.

To me, the whole Ron Paul thing is far too close to a personality cult for my taste.

All the GOP’ers need to do is write it into their constitution that if you don’t show up to meetings you are dropped at that meeting and the seat is filled by someone who is there. The RP’s are flash in the pan peeps who only show up around convention time. Then they disappear into the murky depths of night not to be seen again until the next convention. So it’s really no big deal.

Problem is, in Douglas County, Scott Petersen has his people come to the meetings as guests, and I know people who go just to make sure we can stop them if they or he tries anuthing

26. Crazy Uncle Joe says:

In other news…
    Joe Biden says, “The President has a big stick,” while the President, for his part, blames it on Bush.

27. Kortezzi says:

Cosmic Bob is taking campaign cues from Obama, who specializes in strawman arguments.

Nobody plans to let the student loan rates double on July 1. But Obama screeches that Republicans are going to screw the college kids, and some of them will believe it.

Nobody plans to invade Iran. But Kerrey shrieks that we would be insane to do it. And the peace-at-any-price crowd will buy it, and some will donate to Kerrey’s campaign.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.