New poll in Nebraska

New polling numbers out today.
These from NorthStar Campaign Systems in coordination with Gravis Marketing, which conducted an automated survey of 1168 likely voters in Nebraska on October 28, 2012.

A quick summary of the results:

Nebraska Senate
Deb Fischer (R): 56%
Bob Kerrey (D): 44%

Nebraska 2nd District
Lee Terry (R): 57%
John Ewing (D): 43%

(Sample size for NE-02, 527 with 4.3% MOE)

President
Mitt Romney (R): 61%
Barack Obama (D): 39%

The party breakdown on the poll was R-48%, D-30%, I-22%
Margin of error is +/-2.9%

First questions were identifiers for likely voters, party, gender, etc.

Following questions were simple, “If the election were held today, who would you vote for...”.

Recent polling in the Nebraska Senate race:

Terry – 57%
Ewing – 43%

OWH/Wiese 10/28/12
Terry – 47%
Ewing – 43%

More results from NorthStar:

• More than 5 in 6 Nebraskans (86%) believe the economy is fair or poor and more than half (57 percent) think the economy is getting worse.
  • About 3 in 4 Nebraskans think voters should prove their identity before voting. (76%)
  • About 3 in 4 Nebraskans think that the Keystone XL pipeline should be approved and built. (74%)

1. Never Left the Neb says:

Funny, if you look at the numbers, NS/G and OWH have Ewing at exactly the same percentage of voters and on the Kerrey numbers they are very close. Yet when the OWH got their answers for Terry and Fisher they got completely different numbers from NS/G? It seems highly unlikely that 2 polling companies could be right on for one candidate and vastly different for the other.

Sounds like TK was given instructions and went about finding numbers to match a story. “Create a race equals sell more papers”…the wisdom of warren…

2. Lil Mac says:

Our thoughts are for those in Sandy’s path. This is a bad time to be in DC or NYC. Thus it is best for the next few days that Bob Kerrey and his family are here out of harm’s way. But after that, Bob, feel free to lose and go home. New York will need your help rebuilding. And that, I fear, is no joke. But neither is six more years of Kerrey in the Senate.

3. Interested Observer says:

What’s the deal with former Sen. Alan Simpson of Wyoming endorsing DEB FI$CHER’S opponent? I always thought Alan Simpson had a lot of common sense and was a good fellow conservative Republican of mine?

What all are you guys going to tell me is now wrong with Alan Simpson?

Nov 7th OWH Headline……..Romnet, Fischer, Terry WIN WIN WIN…….IO …….Hello IO…..guess she’s gone.

Oh but how the media will cover the ins and outs of President Romney. Why every time he steps out on a golf course he will be blasted for not ………. Whatever, the MSM is becoming less and less relevant. Before you know it the OWH & LJS will lose funding for posting public notices…… That will really hurt them………:)

Did Bob himself order you to never mention his name? You are working so diligently for him and yet how can he feel the love if you don’t utter that most dulcet of appellations, “Bob”?

Alan Simpson is a great guy. His endorsement will bring Kerrey a landslide of votes from Wyoming.

On the other hand, the OWH, GII, SBSH, etc., have all endorsed Fischer, while your boy’s best and most reasoned endorsement has been from the Lincoln Journal Star, which begins by saying, “Remember when the federal government had a balanced budget and the economy was roaring…?” This, to support the Bob Kerrey who killed the Balanced Budget Amendment.

Kerrey’s entire campaign has been a wreck. And now, one week out, he is begging for a fourth debate. At this rate, he will need to shave his palms. Maybe you can help him with that. He trusts you.

Kerrey can have Senator Simpson. If you need to ask what’s wrong with Simpson then you are as out of touch as your boss, IO. (Mr. Trebeck, I’d like Kooky RINO Senators for a thousand, please.). Maybe Kerrey took him bar-hopping one night in the Village and he’s got pictures. Ooh, maybe Kerrey can talk Hagel into endorsing him. That’d be a real get. LOL.

7. Interested Observer says:

Macdaddy, I didn’t ask what’s wrong with Alan Simpson, I simply asked “What all are you guys going to tell me is now wrong with Alan Simpson?”. That’s 2 entirely different questions. I strongly assumed that a few of you would feel compelled to bash him now that he’s on the record with his endorsement.

8. Interested Observer says:

It’s interesting to observe that you couldn’t answer my first question though, “What’s the deal with former Sen. Alan Simpson of Wyoming endorsing DEB FI$CHER’S opponent?”.

9. To IO says:

I will answer your question once you as a conservative Republican name one thing You dislike about Bob Kerrey. Been asking this for three days now tit for tat.

10. Anonymostly says:

Well, Dotty, apparently Simpson, like you, is a big fan of J. Robert Kerrey.

Dick Holland likes Kerrey too. So does Warren Buffett. And Steve Martin. And, I bet if you asked them for their preferences, Bob Kerrey would be endorsed by each and every one of the following:

Madonna
    Jay Z
    Susan Sarandon
    Tim Robbins
    The two gay dads on “Modern Family”
    Marilyn Manson
    Janeane Garafalo
    Sean Penn
    Joy Behar
    Charles Manson
    Occupy Wallstreet
    Chuck Schumer
    Harry Ried
    Lady Gaga
    Nancy Pelosi and, perhaps most importantly …
    George Soros.

So, you say Alan Simpson has endorsed Kerrey. Wow. Great for Kerrey. Your guy finally got an endorsement. And we’re supposed to care because why?

11. Anonymostly says:

By the way, Dot, did you get any cancellations for your next tour to Branson? I can tell you there are some people who won’t sign up after they saw your face in the Kerrey commercials. I predict this is going to hurt your business a little bit. So, I hope the satisfaction of this little “payback” effort of yours has left you with a satisfied taste in your mouth even as it leaves your bank account a little emptier.

12. Anonymostly says:

Another thing, IO, you know everything going on in Cherry County, especially in the vicinity of the Snake River Ranch. So, tell me, what do you think of the sportsmen’s club that bought the place? Are those bad folks? Hmmmm?

That’s just a simple yes or no. You know all the dirt. You have anything negative on the sportsmen’s club? I dare you to answer me. You won’t do it because you’re a coward.

Tell me about the sportsmen’s club. Tell me all of what negative things you have to say about them. I gave you an answer to your question but, if history is any guide, you’ll duck this one just like you’ve ducked all the rest.

Sportsmen’s club. What’s wrong with them. Tell me, Dotty. Since you know everything going on up there near Valentine. What horrible things have they done and who have they screwed? Tell me. I triple dog dare you.

IO, I already told you what the deal was with Simpson’s endorsement. You do know those out of state has-been Senators’ endorsements don’t seem to have much pull with Nebraskans, don’t you? DeMint’s endorsement of Stenberg netted him third place. As a conservative Republican rancher from Valentine maybe you would have been aware of that. Nobody cares what Alan Simpson thinks. Obama didn’t even give him the time of day.

14. Interested Observer says:

WOW, I’d hate to be your head tomorrow noon when you come to from your hangover!

I don’t know much about the Snake Falls Sportsman’s Club. I only know 1 member. They sure seemed to get along very well with Les and Betty all these years and the place looks good, so it looks like they’re doing a good job with it.

And my name’s not Dotty. It’s Interested Observer. OK?

15. Interested Observer says:

Actually Macdaddy, I care what Alan Simpson thinks. I always thought he was a real fiscal conservative, not just a fake one who lives off WELFARE GRAZING and sues her beloved, elderly neighbors to try to take their land that she had already made a deal to sell!

IO,

Of
    1) Larry the Cable Guy
    2) Steve Martin
    3) Sally Field

guess which one is from Nebraska (and has season tickets at Memorial Stadium)…and is supporting Deb Fischer. (Hint: the other 2 non-Nebraskans are for your boy Bob.)

17. Anonymostly says:

By the way, I’m glad you can endorse what a good group of people the sportsmen’s club is composed of. I’ve been talking with one of them the last few days and I understand you’ve been playing a little fast and loose with your facts, there, girl. Seems the Kime family isn’t quite as pure as the wind-driven snow as you’d have us believe. I’m not one to dish dirt, but let’s just say any comments about this land dispute by our lovely little interested observer should be taken with a gigantic grain of salt.

18. Where is he? says:

Has anyone seen David Kramer? Is he working hard for all those candidates? I remember what he said at the convention. Promises, Promises.

19. To IO says:

Alan Simpson is the Republican version of Joe Biden. I’d much rather hear what Dan Whitney has to say about politics than Alan Simpson any day of the week and twice on Sundays. IO, your dismissive attitude of Mr. Whitney shows that you actually aren’t from here, otherwise you would know that he’s hugely popular here. Way more than Alan Simpson. Or Bob Kerrey for that matter.

Senator Fischer wins……:)

Romney/Ryan win………………….:)

New York Bob fades stage left, to join Ben Nelson, Tommy White……..and all the rest of the left. G’day.

22. Interested Observer says:

Macdaddy October 29, 2012 at 10:37 PM said

“Oh, and the source for your contention about the land sale is a Ben E. Nelson campaign contributor.”

He’s also the guy who paid DEB FI$CHER at least $380,000 for her Snake River area land and who has paid her perhaps hundreds of thousands of more dollars for the hunting lease on her family ranch for a couple decades. As I said several times, they are very, VERY close friends and business associates!

23. Interested Observer says:

To IO October 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM said

“FYI most conservatives don’t use the term fiscal conservative. We typically use moderate. RINO, closet liberal. Democrats use terms like blue dog dem of fiscal conservative!”

DEB FI$CHER has been saying for years that she is a “fiscal conservative”. So are you saying, then, that even DEB FI$CHER is not a real conservative? WOW

24. Lil Mac says:

Sweeper, when you compared NorthStar/Gravis’s 11 pt Fischer lead among Likelys to her own internal poll 16 pt lead, I think that 16 was registered voters. Her Likelys gave her a 12 pt lead, which is same as the Gravis poll. Fischer’s polling seemed to work in the Primary. It is probably working now.

Kerrey’s poll numbers are skewed up by crooked mid-race poll methodology changes to show false momentum. But, frankly, Bob’s actions speak louder than any polls. For the mighty Bob is begging a Deb for a fourth debate in the last week. That is pathetic. I am normally war, but I am having a hard time getting scared of anything Bob does in this last week.

Joe Morton recently said Kerrey had been immediately hit by Republicans and that drove up Kerrey’s
    negatives at the begining. That is what Democrats would like to think. It hurts less than admitting that the egotistical Kerrey stupidly crammed himself down the NDP’s throat this year. Bob stabbed the NDP when he quit office and stabbed Hassebrook when he came back, and Bob then stupidly let his NY wife tell Vogue Magazine she hopes he’d be forced out by scandal, she said NE football stinks and insulted Nebraskans. Don’t get me wrong, it is nice that journalists and Democrats (usually the same) credit Republicans and Fischer with grinding Kerrey into dog-meat. But the GOPers had a lot of help from crazy ol Bob Kerrey himself.

25. Scott Lautenbaugh says:

Dave Kramer has been a friend of mine for years. I know much of what the committeeman does is behind the scenes. I also know that within the last couple of weeks, Dave’s mother passed away. I would assume he’s been fairly involved in personal matters with his family recently. I do not think it is fair to suggest he isn’t doing the job when most of us wouldn’t “see” him doing so anyway, and unfair in his time of loss as well.

26. Interested Observer says:

It tells us you are on the Democrat payroll.

When one of your loved ones die, karma says some snarky asshole like you will come and add to your misery.

28. Interested Observer says:

Macdaddy, if you look at the exclusive hunting and fishing lease DEB FI$HER’S family had with the man she made the deal to sell the Kime’s land to even before she filed her failed lawsuit for it, that is posted online, you will see that Fischer’s leased their approximately 600 acres of Snake River area land to the Snake Falls Sportsman’s Club in 1990 for $2,000 per year, so a little over $3.33 per acre per year then.

Commercial hunting really picked up in this area in the 1990’s. Deb’s 10,000 acre ranch probably was worth well over $1 per acre to start with and became progressively more valuable over the 20 year period that gentleman had the exclusive hunting lease on the Sunny Slope. So, that gentleman’s lease payments to Deb probably ended up at a few dollars per acre.

That’s how close this gentleman has been with DEB FI$CHER all these years.

29. Goober Natorial says:

Interested Observer said, “How many of Nebraska’s current State Senators post comments online in blogs or newspaper comment sections? Just the one? What all does that tell you?”

That he wants to correct the record? Of course, a lot of us have wondered what it says about someone who claims she’s a rancher that she’s able to post on a number of blogs throughout the day. It tells me one of them is a truthteller and the other is Interested Observer (which is a new euphamism for “liar”).

30. Goober how dare you says:

Interested Observer is a conservative rancher just humbly trying to have you see the light. Everyone knows boundary disputes are much more of a character issue than the massacre of women and children!

IO, the 90s was a long, long time ago. People change and friends often fall out. You probably wouldn’t have many friends left in Valentine if you were from there. So far, you have 4 Democrats supporting your twisted version of Fischer’s actions. It wouldn’t take much effort to get 5 people to agree to say things not under oath. It takes a lot more effort to do what you are alleging Deb has done. Your witness’ only campaign contribution in a federal race was to Ben Nelson. It wasn’t to his supposedly dear friend Deb Fischer. Sounds to me like he’s not too fond of her. BTW, did you ever get any if the Kimes’ permission to use them like this?

32. Goober Natorial says:

On KFAB this morning, the ever arrogant Jim Rose informs us that Viet Nam is ancient history and we should just let the myth of this “alleged” Kerrey-led massacre die. When Kerrey appeared on the program minutes later, Gary, never one to let Rose dictate to him what to do, asked Kerrey about and Kerrey admitted it happened, that he had even written about it, and that war is hell. Notably, Jim Rose did not retract his use of the word “alleged.” Further, Kerrey admitted NEIGHBORS of the Kimes and Fischers brought the land dispute to their attention. Hmmm. Wonder who these “neighbors” might have been.

33. Goober Natorial says:

Incidentally, there appears to be some sort of statute of limitations in Jim Rose’s world whereby the murder of innocent women and children 40+ years ago is too old to discuss but a border dispute between neighbors that started about the same time Kerrey was killing kids in Nam and wrapped up about 15 years ago is still relevant.

34. Scott Lautenbaugh says:

Why do I comment on here, and somethimes Watchdog? Didn’t someone just run an absurd, over-long, factually-challenged commercial that started with an Interested senior citizen who had been Observing the Senate race stating, “We remember the silence of our friends”? I do not feel the above comments about Kramer are fair, and I said so. I don’t think that’s wrong, regardless of whether I’m in the Legislature or not. Further, when anonymous posters post comments I know to be untrue about Deb Fischer, the lawsuit, the alleged conflict of interest, and whatnot, I’m going to set the record straight when I can. I use my real name. People who read this stuff can either believe me, or believe the anonymous posters. I don’t know that it matters in the end (though one time Watchdog made a whole story out of an online comment I posted, which I thought was funny).

Hey there are more than a few politicians who post on-line anonymously to preserve their privacy. In the end, as Senator Lautenbaugh has indicated, does it matter?

Oh and…..

Romney WINS

Fischer WINS

hehehehehe

36. Goober Natorial says:

Scott, I got the drift of your comment about an elderly neighbor who was Interested in Observing about the silence of friends. Scott, I get your implication there and understand why you might come to that conclusion. That’s what I initially thought as well. I am now in possession of information that convinces me IO is not Dorothy Lord, who appeared in the commercial, but actually someone much closer to the situation than just a neighbor.

37. Interested Observer says:

Well, now what do all of you have to say bad about Vicki Powell, former campaign manager for both Sen. Mike Johanns and Rep. Tom Osborne, Rex Amack, longtime Republican Nebraska Game and Parks Commission Director and Omaha community leaders Mike and Gail Yanney now that they all have also endorsed DEB FI$CHER’S opponent?

We can all agree that Vicki Powell IS a recognized insider in the Nebraska Republican Party. What does she know that you don’t?

At what point will some of you in here finally concede that there are serious questions about DEB FI$CHER’S character? Remember that even Carl Curtis and Roman Hruska finally admitted that Nixon had issues!

38. Interested Observer says:

Sorry Goober, keep guessing. No, I’m not her. If I were, I would have already told you about the particularly personal toll that terrible failed lawsuit took on Les and Betty.

IO,
    Ask around about how welcome Vicki Powell has been in NEGOP circles for the last 6 years. And Yanney is a big ObamaCare fan.
    It is becoming clearer that your knowledge of Nebraska Republican politics is limited to what the Kerrey campaign feeds you.

40. Interested Observer says:

But if YOU were actually a conservative Republican rancher from the Valentine area, you’d know just how good her jellies are, like I do.

Polls that show Kerrey behind by double digits are unfair because they measure Likely voters across Nebraska and that unfairly skews poll results towards accuracy. Since there are more Republicans in Nebraska than Democrats, more Democrats must be sampled than Republicans in order to balance the playing field and get a fairer poll result; not a more accurate result but a more fair result.

Wow, also on the BWH, UNMC is firing 38 people and leaving 100 spots unfilled because of healthcare reform. That would be Obamacare which Kerrey thinks doesn’t go far enough.

So what’s your solution to health care costs increasing much faster than inflation? (crickets chirping…) Hospitals are being forced to take a hard look at costs and may find that they are overstaffed. What an idiot!

In other news,,,,,,,,,, just loving how the libs are having fits. Will really enjoy it when a few of them are put under the microscope and have not only their careers canned, but that of their flunkies too. The down-side of flushing all the libs out of office now is it will leave a vacuum for potentially good Democrats to move in………but those have been in short supply as of late. Speaking of short supply and D’s, the current crop in the Unicameral are dismal. If Lathrop, Mello, Nordquist, & Snowplow Conrad are the future of the Nebraska Democrat party, well we can expect the R’s to dominate for another generation. Even vile Kyle tried to get in on the party at the Capital, but he won’t get within 10 points of Coash:)

Yes, Anon 9:14, I’m the idiot for caring about jobs. It makes perfect sense to cut health care workers at a time when our population is aging and requiring more healthcare. Obamacare begins. Let the old folks wait! BTW, 138 jobs are a lot of jobs.

46. Interested Observer says:

WOW Goober, just how many different people have you said that I am in the last 6 months? You’ve been wrong every time, just like you’re wrong again this time.

Let’s see, vindictive and greedy. DEB FI$CHER tried to take land that is worth ONE MILLION DOLLARS today from the Kime’s and then used her official position as a Nebraska State Senator to introduce LB229 to try to prevent the Game and Parks from buying the Kime’s land? Yes, that is vindictive and greedy. Especially when she’d already committed to sell the Kime land even BEFORE she ever filed her terrible, failed lawsuit to take it! WOW

47. Congratulations IO says:

You have won the debate; Your comment about ‘jelly’ has convinenced me that you are a Conservative NE Rancher. My grandmother always served ‘jelly’ but she was a liberal democratic City Girl.
    However, her sister who married a Conservative NE Rancher. She served us Jam (she wouldn’t touch jelly…only city folk ate jelly).

IO. Is Holloween the only day you come out of your parent’s basement?

Oh my God! That is so funny. You use a dollar sign in “Fischer”. That is so original and so not like some obsessed fool verbally masturbating day after day in public.

49. Nebraska Lawyer says:

I have it on extremely good authority from high within the Kerrey campaign that the person funnelling this information on Deb Fischer to them is Annie Kime, the wife of David Kime and daughter-in-law of Les and Betty Kime. I’ve been told she’s a conservative Republican but she’s also a vindictive (insert crass expletive here). And she’s been feeding the Kerrey camp and the OWH along with anyone else who would listen (Leavenworth Street?) about her hatred of Deb Fischer.

That’s how Kerrey obtained copies of documents from the court case that wouldn’t be contained in the court file. That’s also how the Kerrey campaign found the people to interview for their ad. And they basically have “tested” these various accusations against Deb Fischer until they found one they decided had traction. (Remember “welfare rancher?” We haven’t heard much about that recently.)

Payback is a bitch, they say. And, evidently, her name is Annie Kime.

50. A Cherry County Resident says:

Nebraska lawyer @ 1:23

IT wasn’t Annie Kime’s office that Paul Johnson visited immediately after the primary