Tom Carlson in for #NEGOV

Tom Carlson 02We’ve had it tipped to us from numerous sources that State Senator Tom Carlson has decided to run for Nebraska Governor in 2014.

We hear that he may be announcing as soon as Friday.

The 71 year old Carlson had expressed interest in running last month.

More when we have it.

1. Good Ole Term Limits Carlson says:

Remember it was Tom Carlson who forced Nebraska voters–for the 4th time–rto overwhelmingly vote for term limits as we have them in law now.

And remember it was Tom Carlson who voted to take money from hard-working legal Nebraska citizens to pay for FREE health care for illegals. Many of those hard-working legal Nebraska citizens cannot afford health care or health insurance for themselves, but they, because of Carlson’s vote, have to pay so illegals can have it FREE.

Voting for Carlson for Governor would be insane.

2. Calling Chris Scott... says:

So, where is the so-called Political Insider??? He should be reporting on this, shouldn’t he?? Laughing My Ass off. I love when Leavenworth Street and the TRUE INSIDER — STREET SWEEPER scoops the insider.

They are no insider — maybe he means, he lives inside his house or something like that. Political Insider he’s not.

3. To: Gaius Gracchus says:

I would be happy to do that for you. I am a medical professional licensed by the State of Nebraska. Every day I listen to patients who tell me exactly what was said at #2 post. If I could sit down and talk to you face to face, I could quantify and substantiate for you all day long. You seem to use your skepticism as a cover for your lack of knowledge about LB599 and what it means for Nebraska taxpayers. 599 has now been law for almost a year now, and it will be interesting to see how much money the taxpayers have had to fork over to give illegals free medical care during that first year.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. And voting for Carlson again, for any office, would be insanity.

4. Chris Scott says:

To calling Chris Scott-did not know you tried to call but I did have my phone off while doing the Tom Becka Show. I also do not do “meatloaf” reporting. You know two out of three ain’t bad (in terms of being accurate). I also found it odd that my commenting was blocked moments after your attack on my mobile device.

Apparently not big on the first amendment.

Cheers!

The Republican from Holdrege really chaps Brian’s ass. Being an Democrat, there is much ass to chap.

6. “Chris Scott” @ 9:28pm:

Know a few things:

1) No one at Leavenworth Street had anything to do with Comment #3. That would somehow indicate that we ever consider you in what we write. The fact that we regularly scoop other news outlets is of a little interest, but our main interest is in talking politics. That’s what we do.

2) We certainly did nothing to your ability to comment — today. You have pissed us off in the past with your incessant desire to pimp your various business ventures here on our blog. But, we don’t really consider you dropping Tom Becka’s name constantly to be of much care to anyone. Unlike you, we have no interest in trying to poach readers via other blogs’ comment sections or Twitter feeds. And last time I checked, the Founding Fathers didn’t fight the Hated British for your “right” to try to sell your business on my blog.

3) Your snide comment is cute. (And I now have that Meatloaf song stuck in my head…bastard.) But here are a few things about the Flood matter: IF he was out — and he said it when he first dropped out, then said it AGAIN after we said he was in back in June — interesting that he found the need to tell everyone, AGAIN, that he was out. Hmm. Maybe he told a few top politicos that he was, in fact getting back in the race. We’ll let you ask around.

But hey, you don’t get hits if you don’t take a few swings (oh, and our batting avg is much better than .667).

In the meantime, let us know how your batboy gig is going. (Oooooh! Burn!)

And thanks for reading.
    SS

So, are you all prepared for the rioting and protests when George Zimmerman gets acquitted later this week? Apparently, the authorities down in Florida are gearing up to deal with it. Ya’ll been following that case by chance? After the way the media originally sold the story, I’d expect there to be a lot more solid case against him. Instead, the evidence in his favor is almost overwhelming. Prosecution won’t get anywhere near reasonable doubt, let alone get beyond it.

I just wonder why the “political insider” is always on the radio giving us yesterday’s news? I mean, I listened to him on the Tom Becka show yesterday and all of his “inside information” was that Flood wasn’t running for Governor. Um, didn’t we all read that the day before on Facebook?

9. Chris Scott says:

Tom Becka is not on the day the story broke. Flood news was in the context of several political races. Nice smear though.

10. RWP says:

Judicial Watch released documents today indicating Eric Holder’s Justice Department helped organize protests that led to the idiotic and unjust indictment of George Zimmerman.

Local governments, in the bad old days, occasionally organized lynchings. But this is the first case I’ve heard of Federal Government organizing a lynching.

I hope there aren’t riots. But I’m afraid there will be. And I’m scared to think what side the government will be on when the riots come.

11. Large pachyderm in the HOOUUSE says:

Word has it our friend Carlson is announcing on a Friday afternoon…. I think he may be deliberately trying not to get media coverage.

Heard at recess today:

I’m the insider.
    No, I’m the insider.
    I’m the real insider.
    No, you’re the real insider.

Where’ Justin Wayne when you need him for insider duty.

13. Who cares... says:

Chris Scott will just disappear like all of the other wanna-be bloggers and Street Sweeper will still be there.

14. Father Time says:

Carlson may be old, but at least his campaign manager is only 59! I’m not trying to offend them, its not as though either of them knows what a “blog” is.

15. I remember when... says:

I saw Sen. Tom Carlson and former Senator LeRoy Louden have a conversation about what a “modem” is, what it does, and how it operates. It was hilarious.

16. Not Mary Johnson says:

I have to hustle to get Senator Carlson’s Bookface and Internet page on the world wide web in time for tomorrow, but I can’t get my Netscape Navigator to open!

17. Not Objective Dinosaur says:

Speaking of bloggers, has Objective Dinosaur weighed in on this dinosaur running for governor? It just seems like he should.

18. Whatever says:

Yep, going to Viewpoint to be seen by how many viewers?? 10? 20? Oh wait, 100. Let me know when you are on KETV, WOWT or another channel for something other than being an idiot and leaving stuff in your car that gets broken into.

19. Watching says:

Don’t confuse Tom Carlson with Tim Carlson who herbster let go last Christmas (nice thank you gift) as this discussion goes forward by the way herbster you are going to get a LOT more comments and you deserve every single one