#IowaAgSummit

IMG_4173
Say hey peeps!

I will be live Tweeting, and posting here and there from the IowaAgSummit in Des Moines today (Saturday).

Follow me on the Twitter @LeavenworthSt, @WheelsDownPols and also look for the hashtag #IowaAgSummit.

(Though things will be less interesting since The Donald won’t be showing…)

1. Clearly the big winner was... says:

The Des Moines Register fawned all over…not Jeb, not Christie, not Rand Paul (a no show), not Rubio, not Scott Walker, not, Rick Perry, not Rick Santorum, nor Gov. Mike Huckabee. The one who stole the show was SC Senator Lindsey Graham. Amazing.

2. sandy says arf says:

Graham is odd looking. Like a giant baby. But he’s a good American and Conservative enough. He’s a retired USAF Colonel, and that’s more than most of Congress have done for the USA. Not a hero but he served and well. He’s smart. Has principles but known for compromise when possible. That’s how RR was, to a degree.

I like that Graham’s parents ran a tavern/poolroom called the “Sanitary Café”. Sounds like it smelled of Lysol.

Graham was in college, 21, when his mother died, his father a year later. He adopted and raised his 13 year old sister. That is a good man at the core. Others might be a better fit for President. We shall see. He’d be okay. Way better than ex-chief WH cigar sniffer Hillary.

But let’s not go into the bit about he’s better than Obama. Dog farts are better than Obama.

I’m confused too. Iowa AG Summit? In his reveal, SS said he is an attorney living in a KC suburb but didnt really say what his profession is, i.e. law practice or what. Political job? More info?

4. Really? You’re confused?
    Just exactly what info are you hoping for?

The confusion may be that the proprietor of a blog about Nebraska politics is in Iowa writing about politics. But, as you say SS, “The major Presidential candidates are all in one place very nearby with the opportunity to talk to them, and you’re confused that the political website is going there?”

Maybe the real issue is sour grapes. Candidates are in Iowa and not Nebraska. Because, electorally, Iowa matters and Nebraska doesn’t?

6. Hesdeadjim says:

Iowa only matters more than Nebraska because everything there is more easily influenced. Her citizens are more easily swayed in opinion and propensity to vote. Iowans can register to vote the day of the election (I’m sure there’s no voter fraud and it’s all above board). Finally, Iowa has more people and more votes to give.

That may all sound sour grapes but truly, no matter how much their state matters in an election, my worst day west of the mighty MO is better than their best.

Point taken SS. But you still haven’t told us if you’re in private law practice or what brings home the bacon because we know it’s not your Amazon kick-backs here. Does the Iowa Ag Summit take the place of the Harkin Steak Fry? I’m not completely oblivious to Iowa. I watched all of Season 3 of House of Cards and noted one of the characters from the Iowa Primary was a big-wig with IBP.

Why do you care what Sweeper does to put food on the table and keep the lights on?
    I think he has proven impartial over the years.

10:29 a.m. Since he outed himself and told us a little bit about himself I was just curious to know his profession, that’s all. Going to the Iowa Ag Summit made me think he might work in politics instead of law but he has stated his interest in attending that was because he writes a political blog. Makes sense, I guess.

So Sweeper, I don’t care about Twitter, so what was your take on the candidates? Was Lindsay Graham really all that and a bag of chips?

11. soul sausage says:

You indeed cannot have a job without a soul. But there’s always the law.

If you also lack a brain, its journalism for you.

Add to that the lack of a spine and you are reduced to a cabinet position.