The Wheels Down Politics Show – Ryan Horn

(Click above to play in the browser or Direct download by clicking here, or by searching Wheels Down Politics on iTunes.)

Ryan Horn 01Jerry Kratochvil sits down for an interview with political strategist Ryan Horn of Sandler-Innocenzi.

Ryan talks about his background in politics — growing up in Omaha, working on and managing campaigns around the country, working in the corporate world, then eventually managing Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert’s victory in 2013.

Ryan talks about some of the TV ads that he produced for the Stothert campaign and for Lee Terry’s general election campaign in 2014.

They conclude with Ryan’s thoughts about the 2016 campaign for Nebraska’s 2nd District Congressional seat.

On the web: Sandler-Innocenzi
Twitter: @RyanBHorn

You can find this, and all of our podcasts at WheelsDownPolitics.com and by searching Wheels Down Politics on iTunes.

1. In the Know says:

This guy had nothing to do with Jean Stothert winning. It was Rod Edwards and Beth Kramer. Just ask Lee Terry what he thinks of Ryan Horn!!!

I am not a fan of Ryan Horn but even Karl Rove could not have saved Lee Terry’s sinking re-election bid. Lee Terry lost with his “nice house and kid in college” quote after sweet 16 years from the voters despite his broken pledge to them to serve only 6 years. The voters had given him the benefit of the doubt long enough. He was toast.

3. I disagree says:

I believe that Lee was looked at as a pay day instead of focusing on getting him elected. The same thing happened to Suttle IMHO. They surrounded themselves with greedy people who could not care one ioda about the election outcome.

Hey now the real masterminds of the Terry machine are Robyn Terry and Lee Senior. They could have saved Lee from himself. That dysfunctional family has a history of blaming everyone but themselves. It’s pathetic their sense of entitlement and greed.

I really felt sorry for Lee Terry’s campaign staff. They had tough cards to play with thanks to his stupid entitled comment. They did the best job they could with the mess he created.

Ryan Horn did a good job managing Stothert’s mayoral campaign. She was a great candidate and had hard working staff.

7. you might be a moron if.... says:

You don’t even have an absentee GOTV plan. You are definitely a moron if you don’t have an absentee chase plan.

8. Ron Nolte says:

I would whole heartedly endorse Ryan Horn. Thanks to him I didn’t have to take the gas tax vote and don’t have to deal with any of the pressures of being an elected official.

9. Brian Sloan says:

I loved having Ryan. Because of him, my tax firm has never been in better shape. I’m able to spend so much more time on other things. Governors mansion is over rated anyway.

10. Pete Pirsch says:

Than you Ryan for everything you did for my campaign. I don’t know what I would do if I had to deal with all of the medical marijuana bills as attorney general. Overwhelmingly losing in the primary really worked out well!

11. DJ Khaled says:

Ryan Horn was caught trying to sing my song “All I Do Is Win” and was promptly sued for false advertising.

12. Bo Pelini says:

We hired Ryan as a strategist for our team in 2014. Unfortunately, he lied about the point spreads and took credit for the times he did nothing. But now I’m back at Youngstown! YIPEEEE

13. Braf Ashford says:

Hey, hey, hey. Everyone please stop the Ryan Horn bashing. He did exactly what I paid him for by shafting Terry’s campaign from the inside. In my opinion, he deserves all his sweet awards. Plus, thanks to him I now have 25 cool new friends!

14. Ryan's pollster says:

At first I thought it was strange Ryan would only let me poll Arby’s kitchen staff. I told him there was an entire universe of voters we needed to reach. Then be shouted and said I wouldn’t get paid if I didn’t shut my dirty mouth.

15. Not Dan Frei says:

“Thanks to Ryan Horn, I didn’t have to spend a DIME to come within an inch of beating Lee Terry in the primary. Like my good friend Brad Ashford, I look forward to working with Ryan in a future constest!” -N. Daniel Frei, Omaha

16. Redfaced Advertising, Omaha says:

Please join all of us at Redface Advertising in congratulating our now former VP of Public Humiliation Ryan Horn, on being delicately canned by our firm, and joining Sandler Innocenzi in Virginia where he can carry on his losing tradition of 0/4. We look forward to hiring more people like Ryan who are brilliant at billing (but perhaps aren’t quite as adept at winning). Remember, what matters are awards, while winning is never our fault!

17. Dude! Huh? says:

Dude! There is NO TV station commission from sending mailing pieces asking people to vote. What did you expect him to do? Try to actually win the race?

18. Ryan Horn Obession says:

It sure looks like someone wants Ryan’s attention. However, I have no interest in your obsession with Ryan.