Brent Martin of Nebraska Radio Network reports that “Clinton for America” “will not concede” Nebraska’s Electoral Votes to Donald Trump.
They state that they will spend at least a million dollars — coordinating with Democrat Congressman Brad Ashford’s campaign — in Nebraska’s 2nd District to “register Democrats and for get-out-the-vote efforts“.
They also note that “…television ads for Hillary Clinton are scheduled for Omaha, reaching not just Nebraskans, but western Iowans as well.”
Which is convenient.
But if they couldn’t win the 2nd in 2012 with Obama, they’re not going to do much better with Hillary — even WITH “hate the Donald” factor. Again, chocking this up to trying to hammer as many votes as possible in western Iowa, while pretending to work Nebraska.
My thoughts on the #DemsinPhilly last night…
• Wow is Paul Simon old, and can’t hit the notes
• Sarah Silverman has probably worked rooms with tons of hecklers before, yet the best she could come up with is, “You guys are being ridiculous“? Oh, and THAT really shut them down…
• And then the Bernie Bros booed…Eva Longoria? It’s a good thing Santa didn’t show up.
• Oh wait, that’s the role Bernie was playing…
• Everyone seemed to really like Michelle Obama’s speech. Call me old fashioned I guess, but I prefer a First Lady (or Gentleman) who doesn’t try to hammer the political opposition in a convention speech. I just don’t think it’s their role. But everyone seems down with it with Michelle.
• Oh, and nice that now she’s proud of America.
Unlike prior to 2008.
You didn’t build that!!!
And if you LIKED Michelle how could you STAND Elizabeth Warren???
Michelle spent 20 minutes telling you how great she finds America now, and Warren spent the next 15 telling you how awful it is.
As I noted on the Twitter… Elizabeth Warren is the lady up the street who keeps your ball when it lands in her yard.
And if you tried to sneak in to get it she’d yell, “Uh, EXCUSE you!”
SAUCE IS FOOD YOU PUT ON OTHER FOOD—OTHERWISE IT IS SOUP!
And then Bernie?
Hey Bernie Bots, it’s nice that you’re so enthusiastic about your candidate and all that. I mean, thanks for providing some entertainment by chanting over all of the other speakers.
But the weeping? The sobbing?
If anything actually bad happens in your life you’re going to need hospitalization.
And to summarize Bernie’s speech…
STUFF THAT I’VE ALREADY YELLED BEFORE!
FREE THINGS FOR EVERYBODY HERE!
And if you get around to it, vote for whats-her-nose, not-Trump.
I did NOT have…
Slick Willy — and the vision of him as First Gentleman — tonight.
Tweetin’ the night away
Like the debates, the best way to follow along with all of the speeches is on the Twitter. Follow @LeavenworthSt for all of the fun!
And then Like Leavenworth St. on The Facebook and subscribe (up top on the right) for updates with every new post.
(And thanks for telling a friend and an enemy!)
Because it is the ONLY to keep up on the talk of Nebraska politics!