Sustained

The Nebraska Unicameral showed that politicking during the campaigns can likely make a difference come governing time. All of the attempts to override the Governor’s vetoes failed.

State Sen. John McCollister complained of “political hardball”.
No one said it was going to be beanbag.

And Sen. Paul Schumacher of Columbus was quoted by the Associated Press that he was going to support the Governor’s vetoes…and then went the other way on every vote. (You’d think those stories would be updated online…)

(Some wondered if that was Schumacher’s plan all along…)

Partisans

But one thing on the veto override votes that all disciples of George Norris must decry was the hyper-partisanship of the Legislature.

One party choosing to vote the same way, over and over again.

Yes, those partisan Democrats.

Wait, what?

But Democrats hate partisanship, we thought!
Well, every Democrat in the Legislature voted the same way on every override vote.

Republicans, on the other hand, broke ranks left and right, voting to sustain and override the Governor. Those venerators of the non-partisan Unicameral (Don Walton, we’re looking your way) must be down at the NEGOP’s HQ at the Johanns Center handing out attaboys for the GOP’s dedication to non-block voting.

But those loathsome Democrats refuse to get on board with non-partisanship. They vote the same way again and again, clearly however the party tells them to.

It’s sad, really.

Well, there will probably be a whole bunch written on this topic soon.
(Right?)

Dude maintain

A somewhat bizarre commentary from Senator Sasse on some Twitter pics.

But a funny response from whomever runs Chuck Schumer’s account:

Requiescat in pace

Chris Cornell…Roger Ailes…
These things tend to come in threes…

Follow @LeavenworthSt on the Twitter
Like Leavenworth St. on The Facebook

Sorry, but you simply can’t lump Chris Cornell in with Roger Ailes.

That’s like lumping together Stevie Nicks with Medusa.

If Ailes must be grouped with anything, there are only 4 choices; Death, Famine, War, and Conquest.
    The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

• Bluejay says:

Ailes won races for Nixon, Bush 41 and Trump. He balanced media with the creation of Fox. He transformed America. Winner.

• Anonymous says:

Ailes was perfectly named, given what he brought to public discourse. Sorry Roger died, but now he’s gone to his master – Satan – and he is Satan’s problem forever. I’m sure they’ll be very happy together.

• Bluejay says:

Conservatives belong in Hell?

Interesting.

Maybe he cheated on his wife but that’s not clear. Probably tried. Mortal sins?

• Anonymous says:

Conservatives in Hell only because of their Conservatism? No. Ailes in Hell because of the kind of human being he chose to be? Yeah, that. No different from Joe Kennedy, Sr., the living definition of “vile,” tee totaling not withstanding. Its the interest in the unapologetic acquisition and use of power that is truly nauseating.

Sept 6, 2016 –
      “Fox settles sexual harassment lawsuit for $20 million on Ailes’ behalf”

Yet, Creighton educated Bluejay offers up:
      Maybe he cheated on his wife but that’s not clear.

You know what would be a fitting tribute to Ailes –
      Fox News should dedicated 1 hour each week to highlighting the experiences of Ailes many assault victims. A new victim each week, each allowed 1 hour to share with the public their undoubtedly horrid tale.
      It’s almost certain the line of victims would provide well over a year’s worth of riveting winger TeeVee.

• The Grundle King says:

Maybe Ailes did, and maybe he did not, sexually harass/assault those women. He had no criminal convictions for doing so that I’m aware of, and lawsuit settlements are not an admission of guilt…in fact (as Repenting Lawyer may choose to verify, but likely won’t), many lawsuit settlements specifically state that there is no admission of guilt by the defendant.

I realize that you’re likely one of those who views a rape/harassment accusation as rock-solid evidence, but that’s not how our system works. We don’t convict murderers and thieves solely on on party’s accusation…so why should sexual crimes be treated any differently?

Until they are borne out by evidence, an accusation is nothing more than one person’s story. Several accusations could indicate a probability of guilt (where there’s smoke, there’s fire), or they could simply be a collection of total fabrications.

• Anonymous says:

There you go – Roger Ailes, the innocent. The misunderstood and unduly maligned.

Then again, it’s true that Lucifer existed in the angelic realm as one of God’s created angelic beings.
        The name Lucifer deriving from the latin for Morning Star, or Bright Star.

Lucifer was cast out only when it became clear that he did not want to be God’s servant. He, Lucifer, wanted to be served. And millions have chosen to do just that; serve him.
        They listened to his lies and chose to follow him.

The Fox ‘News’ tally (to date) for Roger Ailes innocence and purity stands at $45 million.
        But alas, I’m sure you’re right – Roger is innocent. After all, he’s not admitted guilt.
        Fox simply continues to distribute those massive checks out of the goodness of their hearts.
        After all, it’s not like Rupert’s globe spanning corporation has hundreds or thousands of lawyers in their immediate employ who could easily (were Ailes even remotely innocent) defend the integrity of the very man who built their empire.

Speaking of Fox Kingpins, anyone seen O’Reilly lately? I miss his Word of The Day.
        I’ll bet he simply took some time away to ‘write’ his latest thrilling novel that will be gobbled up by winger nation; Killing Gumby.

It has become apparent there is no fantasy you people won’t entertain to keep your alternate reality intact.

• The Grundle King says:

Goddammit you idiots have a hard time reading.

Maybe Ailes did, and maybe he did not, sexually harass/assault those women.”

I never said he was innocent, I said he hadn’t been proven guilty in any court of law. Maybe once you finish high school you’ll understand the difference.

$45 million in settlements could mean that he was guilty of doing every single thing he was accused of, or it could mean that a multi-billion dollar company is willing to pay what amounts to chump change to settle the matter quickly and quietly to avoid racking up massive legal fees, and to mitigate risk of paying for a judgment based on a ‘preponderance of the evidence’, as opposed to a judgment made based on proving guilt ‘beyond all reasonable doubt’.

I”m not defending the guy, and he’s dead now so it really matters little. It’s just amusing to me how utterly classless you folks can be. I’m sure, if given the resources and the opportunity, you’d go have a little dance on his grave before literally shitting on it.

There are those who passed on without me shedding a single tear…but folks with a little maturity and class typically refrain from celebrating the death of a fellow American.

• Anonymous says:

Ailes lacked class from the outset of his miserable career with Nixon. After 1962 is was impossible for Ailes to lack what he willingly gave up to support a craven, neurotic little toad of a man. Disgusting.

• repenting lawyer says:

GK I verify what you said, plus law cases settle for reasons of prudence unrelated to fault. Thanks for remembering me.
      Allies for good or ill had a dramatic influence on American politics. I was taught it was permissible to hope for the salvation of all, I have that for Allies, since I hope for God’s mercy.

2. Russian Troll Doll says:

Why will congress never impeach Trump?

Republicans always insist on carrying a baby to full term.

3. P.J. says:

The Democrats in the Legislature always vote as a block but when the Omaha World-Herald editors speak, it’s always those Republicans that are so partisan. Truth be known, we should sink George Norris and have a two-house partisan system.

Oh, and for Sasse, he was probably between interviews hawking his book and telling the world that the youth generation is lost unless parents send them to a farm or a ranch……..

• TexasAnnie says:

Agreed, P.J. The unicameral system inhibits democracy and prevents predictability.

Don’t know anything about your Sen. Sasse other than the fact that he tried to block the Trump candidacy. I do remember that some at this blog seemed to hate him; yet his message seems positive.

4. Bluejay says:

Harassment is not sexual assault or rape. The Gretchen Carlson lawsuit – which was the only public document – did not involve any touching. Ailes allegedly said, in essence, go to bed with me or lose your job. If true, that’s sexual harassment. Bad and wrong behavior but not a mortal sin or a crime.

• repenting lawyer says:

Bluejay, I doubt that sexual harassment is not a serious matter, sufficient reflection and fulll consent probably varies from case to case.

5. NE Voter says:

I’m sure there are tens of people who will mourn Roger Ailes. I am not one of them. On the other hand, Chris Cornell’s death is a terrible loss.

• The Grundle King says:

I was saddened as well, as I really enjoy Soundgarden and Audioslave (his solo work…meh). Unfortunately, it’s the all-too-common result of depressed individuals self-diagnosing, and self-medicating with drugs that only exacerbate their depression. While the libertarian in me says that it’s their life to live and/or end as they see fit, there’s a part of me that thinks some drugs should NEVER be legal.

6. anon says:

Don’t blame dems, the problem is two above mentioned. Schumacher talks a good conservative purse, and votes throwing cash, different from last session, McCollister, what a tool, Hilkemann, and Krist are their too. They dems stick together and do well as a minority

7. anon says:

The legislature is to have a balanced budget, and they delivered a Mello one, you see what happened, and now Ricketts is doing their job, Omaha escaped Mello math

• Seeing Eye says:

The legislature did deliver a balanced budget. The legislature simply chose to balance the budget in a different way than the governor and the governor got his way. But it will be the legislature that will have to clean up the mess. Already the legislature knows that the Medicaid managed care system, Heritage Health, is failing miserably. The override vetoes which failed represented needed cash to keep Medicaid providers afloat. How long would you continue to do your job sans your paycheck?

• anonymous says:

Heritage Health was never intended to succeed.
        It was intended to give Pete Ricketts some ‘fiscally conservative’ cred to point to when he runs for whatever national office he has in mind.
        Pete Ricketts fiscal cred – his ability to call himself a Tax Cutter – was the sole reason Calder Lynch was brought to Nebraska.

Ricketts appointed (a 30ish) Calder Lynch to serve as Nebraska’s Medicaid director in March 2015. Prior to coming to Nebraska, Lynch served Chief of Staff and Policy Director for Louisiana’s Department of Health.
        Lynch was plucked from one of the most tragically failed healthcare privatization experiments in America – the devastation of Louisiana’s health system courtesy of ALEC and Bobby Jindal.
        They all knew ahead of time that privatization via Heritage Health would save money only by covering far fewer people and bringing more pain and suffering to those it still did cover –
        Nebraska’s most vulnerable. In addition the lowered reimbursements and inept management of Heritage would by squeeze to the point of breaking many of Nebraska’s health providers.

Seeking political gain, they have ravaged Nebraska’s Medicaid system and put in jeopardy the welfare of countless thousands of Nebraska families.

Lynch is now gone. He quit about a week ago, “for a job with the federal government”.
        Ricketts is certain to have been assured that this failure wouldn’t not have been so immediate and so pronounced.
        No doubt both had assumed they would have have moved on to higher office before the costly task of rebuilding this broken system came due.

This failure is no different than the disaster that is Scott Frakes, Ricketts selection to head Nebraska’s Department of Corrections after a controversial and equally disastrous tenure as Deputy Director of Prisons for Washington State.

No different than that of the calamity that was Brenda Hicks-Sorensen, who was appointed by Ricketts to head Nebraska’s Dept of Economic Development after being plucked from a controversy and failure in the very same role in Scott Walker’s Wisconsin.

Ricketts has filled Nebraska;s highest office with a batch of (heckuva job) ‘Brownies’, because they all embraced the ALEC model of governance.

16 of the 21 senators that helped sustain the vetoes received campaign funds from Ricketts. Guess he’s finally seeing that return on investment.

• Anonymous says:

Because government and taxes suck? If that’s true, by all means cut away? In other words let’s find out what Nebraskans REALLY value. I guarantee that I can cut government harder, deeper, and a lasting, viscous, permanent way more than any so-called “conservative’ has ever dreamed off. You wanna see what scorched earth looks like? I’ll make Kansas look like Cuba.

• anon says:

You talk hypothetical bull, you are going to guarantee a Trumpesque fiscal action. interesting, pretty sure what the majority of Nebraskans really value doesn’t fit you vision. The law is to deliver a balanced budget. Sen Boltz, no conservative, stated by tradition revenues are over projected, so they know this as they delivered Mello’s claim to fame fiscal management. the legislature had their time, their collegial committee, and didn’t do their job

• TexasAnnie says:

I understand your expressed frustration! That’s why I always advocate equity in public spending: it’s ALL or NONE with me when it comes to policy-making. Either we all pay for and get public health care (or insurance if we can’t get loose of this industry’s current but failing welfare program), together, -OR- none of us should be paying for the health care of anyone else. That’s fair. All or none is fair.

• Anonymous says:

Hypothetical? Politics is the realization of ideals, however imperfectly. Seems to me the bias in the budget is a mollycoddling of the weak – weak farmers, weak ranchers, weak bankers, weak insurance companies, weak ag companies – pansies all who cry to their toady Senators “ooo, save me, save me’ when the going gets tough.

I call bullshit.

I won’t see my taxes used to salve the weak. A budget that supports these whiners is inequitable. Nobody cares what happens to me if I fail, so I man-up and I don’t fail. I don’t run to the state for help because I fully expect to be met with a derisive FU. What’s good enough for me is good enough for every so-called “leader’ in the Nebraska business community. Nobody cares about your success or failure. How did Tolkien put it? “I release you from my service. Go now and die in whatever manner seems best to you.’

• Anonymous says:

“mollycoddling of the weak – weak farmers, weak ranchers, weak bankers, weak insurance companies, weak ag companies “

And I shall raise my pitchfork at your side!
        It is THESE special interests who for decades have had their hands buried deep the pockets of a working class who themselves have no voice, no phalanx of lobbyists with the ear and the bank routing number of our Governor.

Special interests who hide behind pablum and deliberate misinformation spewed by organizations like Pete’s Platte Institute, Americans for Prosperity, ALEC and Heritage.
        And an American electorate lacking not only the most rudimentary of critical thinking skills, but the simple reflexive ability to glance back over their shoulder to see who it is that has them bent over and is frantically schtooping away.

Why the F don’t you people see this!

9. bynd says:

Fascinating,

What is the fascination with “fair”. There is no such thing except by every ones personal opinion. Is it fair to help those who need it? Sure. And the vast majority have no problem helping those who need it. But define “need it”. And the government answer is to always help more than those who really need it. Waste is rampant. The ACA was not fair by any means. And it was not the best answer to the question. What the Repubs are doing is not the best answer. Single payer would not be fair either. KISS. The vehicle to helps those who need health insurance is the FEHB. It’s there, already has the distribution that is needed to keep it viable, expense would be minimal compared to the ACA. And because it is already paid for, partially, by all.

If fair is all or nothing, do we make sure everyone has cancer?

• Anonymous says:

Non sequitur. Not everyone has cancer, though death by whatever cause comes for us all. I am not put off by this fundamental. And “Fair?’ Only God is fair, the God who sustains good and bad alike in His unearned generosity.

I’m interested in unfair. I’ll support the truly weak because I have a conscience and I have to give an account of myself. Beyond that I don’t care about others, I’m looking out for Numero Uno. I won’t have any more state support for business ANYTHING. You’re taking from me and mine and I have had enough. You’re not my friend, you’re not my neighbor, you’re a drag on society. Need help running a profitable business? FU. Need a little nose wipe from Pete and the Unicameral? FU! Not with my money.

Anyone appealing for government assistance in the conduct of business deserves failure and a side of scorn to boot. A bunch of goddamn freeloaders, not real Americans at all. We need men of iron with indomitable wills, not pussies who cry to their Senator and Governor Baldy every time they make a boo boo boo lip.

• Dictionary Dick says:

fair (adj.) free from bias, dishonesty or injustice
      In public policy, ‘fair’ equates to treating everyone alike or at least equitably.

• Anonymous says:

But we all know that is an ideal at best and the most common lie. No, no ‘equity’. I favor those I favor and I damn those I don’t favor. No apologies, either. It’s time to be honest about the dog-eat-dog world we actually inhabit. If you and your business can’t compete that’s not my problem. And you sure as hell better not take money from me – certainly not through the machinations of the state under the color of authority.

Welcome to the New Gilded Age, bitches. I am going to do my level best to crush you.

• Dictionary Dick says:

Some businesses, especially mom and pops, can’t compete because tax policy and public infrastructure is not free of bias, dishonesty or injustice. When public policies construct injustice, one cannot fault another’s failed competitiveness. All businesses should be taxed at the same rate, and no businesses should be subsidized with public funds, including incentive subsidies. That’s capitalism. Remember capitalism?

• Anonymous says:

I might remember capitalism if we actually practiced it in this country. But we don’t.

• Anonymous says:

The AHCA, the Republican health wealth plan, is a $594 Billion tax cut for America’s wealthiest individuals and corporations.

Under the AHCA, the top 400 earners in the country—a group of individuals who average $300 million in annual income—would receive an average tax cut of $7 million each.
      These are the people who own your government, America’s Plutocracy. They gorge at the trough of privilege and access.

While the world’s richest and most powerful claim yet another victory, courtesy of their Republican henchmen, 24 million or more of America’s mostly working poor, will lose access to life saving affordable health care.

• Anonymous says:

Fuck the poor, but fuck businesses more. I am tired of this corporate welfare shit. It is long past time for call business out for what they are: weak-willed pussies. This begins with boards, executives, management and shareholders. How do I benefit from their goddamn AHCA? Its a bailout for the insurance companies, none of which has ever suffered a day’s illness in their fictional corporate personhood “lives’.

Let me be complete clear about the “utility’ of insurance companies. I hope you burn in hell. No more favorable tax treatment, no more cushy bills in state and Federal legislatures. No more 4 hour work days and 3 hour golf lunches for management You want to save sick people? Go empty their bed pans. Get sick and die doing it for all I care. Take money from me to feather your corporate nest and I will fucking go to war.

• The Grundle King says:

“Take money from me to feather your corporate nest and I will fucking go to war.”

LOL, with what?!

Here I thought it was the ‘gun-loving right’ that was secretly harboring fantasies of violence.

• Anonymous says:

Fantasies of violence? My, aren’t we amusing. You and bynd are probably two sides of the same schizoaffective schmuck. I’m going to war with words. If I can convince you that I’m right and get you to act accordingly I fucking win. Do you understand? You can have physical violence, I don’t need it. Besides, if I can’t defend myself from you I should just cap myself and get it over with.

• The Grundle King says:

war
        wôr/
        noun
        noun: war; plural noun: wars

1. a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.

Look…I know that the left is all about assigning whatever meaning they feel like to words nowadays, but the word ‘war’ has an actual meaning. If you mean “war of words” then say “war of words”.

It really doesn’t matter if you can or can’t defend yourself from me. You don’t need to, because I’m not interested in committing acts of violence against you. Unlike your Antifa buddies, I don’t believe violence is an acceptable substitute for speech.

• Anonymous says:

But you’re already wrong, because you are lumping me in with your image of the whole Democrat/antifa thing. That’s all BS. I am not a Democrat, I don’t vote Democrat, I don’t fit in with them, their politics, their followers or your labels about any of it. Or the Republicans. Or any conceiveable political group you can name or concieve of.

Why are you so politically unimaginative? Why do you immediately assume I am on a “side’ that you can define and name? I’m not on anyone’s side because on one is on my side. Your inability to enage makes you no better than a noise maker. Wet once, blow and throw it away.

The Grundle King? Useless, self agrandizing limp dick king more like it. Say hi to your boyfriend, bynd. You deserve one another. I’ll send a present to your union ceremony. Say hi to Chelsea Manning for me.

• Anonymous says:

He’s pretty close to well done himself. Trump is irrelevant. Let’s get somebody with some brains & balls in the White House and get on with it.

• bynd says:

RFLMBO,
        Trump is irrelevant

Says a snowflake in Nebraska! At least a pimple on the ass hurts and draws attention. As opposed to the cancerous snowflakes who hope to go unnoticed until the whole system is destroyed and they have taken over.

Venezuela here we come!

Yahooooo!

• Anonymous says:

Trump is a quivering mess. He flies to Europe in a garbage bag because there’s no other way for him to travel. As for your snowflake putdown, you can save your sexy love talk for your Grundle King buddy.

Explain yourself. Why do you even post here? Hell, even Grundle Dick or whatever his name is can summon a minimally minimally cogent argument. I dare you to look at your last 50 comments, bynd. Even the last five. Topic sentence even? Nope. A developed argument, something that would pass grade school grammer? You’re afraid. You can’t even look back at your own comments and defend them because you can’t. You pull words out of your ass and post away.

10. Amerikan Kleptocrats says:

Anyone else notice that since the investigations into Team Trump have heated up, the Special Counselor appointed and word that the investigation has morphed from counter-terrorism to now criminal – the formerly ubiquitous Jared Kushner has all of a sudden gone into hiding?

• Anonymous says:

Jared is not completely stupid. He has, after all, survived marrying into the family of a madman for a good decade now. And even Jared and his wife know there is life after Donald. Its just a resignation letter away and keeping one’s mouth shut afterwards.

• anon says:

Alas, a Jared Kushner siting, courtesy of today’s New York Times.

Preface – before leaving office the Obama administration inked a deal with the Saudis to sell them $115 Billion worth of American made military hardware. 42 separate deals totalling $115 Billion.
      Lot of profits for American corporations. Lots of American job security.

The NYT is reporting that Jared Kushner has been prepping the field in advance of Donald Trump’s pending international visits. Kushner is trying to insure Trump can paint his trip as Winning Bigly.

Specifically – Kushner is reported to have intervened, on Saudi Arabia’s behalf, to negotiate down the price of this arms deal (secured by the Obama administration) so the Saudi’s would sign off during the Donald’s visit.

How about that for the greatest negotiators on the planet.
      Giving away billions in American profits to the Saudi’s in order to secure a purely political victory for blunderkind Donald.
      (which in reality, this isn’t even a win for Team Trump – it’s just another in a long list of faux victories that Trump has wrongly claimed. Victories that were secured before Trump ever stepped foot in the office. But as is all too obvious – facts don’t matter to Trumpsters)

Making American Great Again, my ass.

• Anonymous says:

Time for Jared to get back to Manhattan. Its the biggest stage he can handle. Let the grown-ups handle international relations and statecraft. I want someone who can represent my country, not temporary machinations for profit. Its disgusting.

• Anon says:

These tribes of grifters, the Trumps, Kushners, Bannons et al, very likely bit off much more than they can chew when pulling their wagons into Washington.

• Anonymous says:

The Clintons and the Bushes are the same. I see Obama more like Jimmy Carter, but no question that being a former president is a great gig, even for Carter. No one can be trusted.

To be clear, I don’t dig the D-Word – “Democrat” at all. Jane Kleeb is a political skank. Who needs her? She can’t win any elections. It’s time for what passes for the political parties in Nebraska to put, how shall I put it, entertaining AND capable candidates forward.

I am tired of a Unicameral full of lard asses from fucking Ferd, NE, them and Ernie who, it seems, will server for-fucking EVER. Geez, are there no people with brains in his district? Seems like flaccid voting to me, voting for Ernie all the time. Why don’t those farmers and ranchers grow a pair and take Chambers on for once? They’d probably get their asses kicked but that’s how you learn to win, fighting the better fighter. Come on, how about some fireworks in the Unicameral for once?

• anon says:

“Why don’t those farmers and ranchers grow a pair and take Chambers on..”

1) For many, they’re intellectually incapable
      2) For most, they lack the requisite understanding of the job and of Senate rules
      3) For nearly all, Chambers holds the high ground. Championing the voice and will of the people over the special interests being pushed by Republicans. The constant assault by Republicans on a woman’s right to choose; the attacks on safety nets insuring the health and welfare of state’s most vulnerable; the equal access for all to a quality education and to the voting booth; the common sense restriction of guns (in schools and churches and public venues); the discrimination against those who happen to love another of the of same gender or those who by no fault of their own find themselves in our country.
      (You know, the people these farmers and ranchers rely on for cheap labor – the backbreaking work they nor their children nor their neighbors are willing to do)

• Anonymous says:

Not a big fan of the so-called rights you’ve listed. Lets talk about responsibilities instead.

• anon says:

Don’t have to be a fan. Rights is Rights.

Check your constitution, there’s nothing ‘so-called’ about ’em.

I thought Republicans loved them some constitution? They talk about it all the time, on the campaign trail.

• bynd says:

Really,

Yes, the state senator who has brought jobs, massive new housing and safety to his district. He’s like Nero. Fiddling while North O burns. But the snowflakes like him because he sticks it to the man, while screwing over his people. Or is it because he protects mountain lions, instead of constituents, sues God and tells congress to start impeaching Trump. The biggest clown of all and the progressives idolize him.

And then you got to love it. The snowflakes protect the illegals who come here. They fight to keep them here. All while the adults are being oppressed and the kids, especially those with no relatives readily available, are sexual abused and made into sex slaves. And they blame the farmers and ranchers. Because they are too lazy to get out and actually do anything about. And who is to lazy to do what? You putzs are nauseating. All mouth, no action. Unless it is hiding behind a mask and destroying things. Of course we could have elected Bernie, and been the next Venezuela. Which makes their favorite whipping boy Kansas, look like utopia. Socialism at it’s finest. But they still don’t know why they are out of power and reduced to just bitching on a blog from fly over country. Dumb, dumber, dumbest.

• Anonymous says:

The Founders all worked from the time they were kids. A lived understanding of the “responsibility” side of rights is implicit in American law and our ethos. Grab any law book and pick any case at random. You’ll see an analysis of the rights and responsibilities of the parties with respect to each other. This further implies ‘community’, right? That’s right back to Aristotle’s definition of ‘man’ as a uniquely social animal. Not that the other animals are not social in their own way, they just don’t have law schools. Just teeth and fangs, lol.

• Anonymous says:

Yeah, as-if abortion is a good thing. Go thank your Mom for the life you haven’t earned and don’t deserve. As fir the rest we need 1-term limits. One and done, go get a real job. Turn out all of them – Krist, McCollister, Ricketts, Foley. They’re beneath the electorate altogether.

• Ike says:

” Go thank your Mom for the life you haven’t earned and don’t deserve.”

Go F yourself.

Make no mistake: Abortion is a Fundamental Right.
        It’s none of your gd business what a woman chooses to do with her body.

• bynd says:

progressive conundrum,

But genocide of black America by abortion is fine with Ike.

We aren’t talking about telling a woman what to do with her body. We are talking about murdering the life inside. How can you be anti death penalty and pro genocide? Now that’s convoluted thinking.

12. Smurfballs says:

geee….what am I gonna do today. oh i’ll go down to the corner clinic and have Dr. Fingers take an eggscrambler and kill the beating heart that is inside of me…

on the flip side, abortion clinics are good for one thing – – – picking up loose chicks.

• mmmm Juicy Fruit says:

I’ve always been curious, what does that bite block taste like that you’re forced to clamp down on just prior to a hearty round of ECT?

Apparently after several sessions you lose many of your inhibitions.
      Why else would someone admit to having Smurfs balls?

13. KristyKreme Donuts says:

maybe a smurf? I dunno are you a homo? why else would someone use a fruity name like juicy fruit???

Sweeper – come out, come out buddy. Can you ban bynd and Grundle King for a while so the grown-ups can talk? You got a kids table or something? Bluejay is a beakless old bird, shits all over the Jesuit reputation, can only say ‘janekleeb’, but he can stay. We got his number.

Special note to those in favor of two-sided politics. You are the past. Republicans? Democrats? False choice, man. Take your power back by being yourself. Keep your money too. alt-right? antifa? Who is feeding you those words and images, as if they were somehow real?

Nobody is looking out for you but YOU. Don’t buy into the illusion that there are “sides,” that you must identify with a side, and that you can be identified with a side or faction. Be your own side and judge accordingly. Start with what passes for politics in the Unicameral. Time to gird you loins and get that whip of cords out. Apply your whip with equal vigor to everyone, its house cleaning time.

People with just a little money have taken your state over. They have fat, little functionaries who take your money and give it to whiney little people who say “Oh, ouchy, competition is so hard! Oh, oh, we simply must balance the budget because the consitution says so.” But who is that budget balanced FOR? Who gets money and why? That’s income redistribution, friend.

The State, under the cover of authority, is taking money from you and giving it to companies that already have money? Don’t you see? Those companies don’t care about you or yours. They have hired politicians to pick your pockets, “Democrats,” Republicans,” “Libertarians,” “Independents” alike, all just different ways to take what is yours.

FIGHT BACK.

The true revolution doesn’t lie in violent ways, taking up arms or anything like that. Though you can own guns and use them. Just play carefully because you are responsible for everything your gun does or doesn’t do. No. The true revolutionary uses words to stike a stunning blow to the heart of those taking your money. It questions constantly, berates constantly, checks and documents constantly, and (drum role please) it controls the conversation. Make politcal discourse on your terms and no one elses. Take your money back, take your voice back. and make your elected representatives rue the day they were ever elected. Drive them screaming back to their safe little warrens.

In short, be the women and men you were born to be.

The Greeks used to select their politicians and administrators. Refusing to serve was a capital office. Continued service was considered morally lax. We need that kind of civic intensity back. Otherwise we are fools and we deserve to have boots on our necks. ‘Cause we like it.

• bynd says:

All that BS but yet he/she wants to stifle free speech. A snowflake in disguise? Or a confused intellectual who is an intellectual in their head only. Best bet, probably after reading the writings on here, he just realizes, that most write over his head.

Especially since his/her topic is old and stale. Deena wrote about LB 775 over two years ago and me before that. To include the Angel Investor Act. And this johnny come lately seems to think he has the scoop. Get with the times or go back to letters for the editor. Everyone has that boot on their neck. Including you. The issue is how you deal with it. Whining isn’t dealing with it.

• Anonymous says:

You and your boyfriend Grundle, get a room why don’t ya? I’m sick of your shit bynd. I’m sure somebody at your house can take your Internet privileges away. Sooner rather than later, for the sake of us all.

• Unanimous Global Consensus says:

“most write over his head.”

bynd,
        As certain the sun will rise in the east tomorrow, it is assured that YOU have NEVER, written over the head – of ANYONE.

• Anonymous says:

The difference between us is that bynd LIKES the boot. It’s his kink. That’s a good boy, bynd, there ya go, roll over, oh yes, nice scratches. No, no, not on the carpet, lets get you out for a walk. There’s a good boy.

• The Grundle King says:

LOL…you want to start the revolution with censorship. That’s always ended well. Are you suggesting that the very real acts of violence perpetrated by Antifa groups, captured on camera/film, are not real? Do you believe that neo-Nazis and racist nationalists do not exist in our society? Just how many levels of brain damage are you on, my dude?

BTW, what is your obsession with this homosexual fantasy that you’ve cooked up in your addled brain? Using references to same-sex relationships as slurs reveals an inner bigotry reeking of bitter ugliness. What a bizarre way to reclaim your power.

And you think YOU’RE the adult in this conversation? Your anarchist spiel would be hilarious, if it weren’t so hackneyed.