Ben Sasse vs. “Pajama-Boy Nazi”

I wanted to give this time to simmer over the weekend before making any comment, but now that it has, let’s look at the statement of Sen. Ben Sasse with regard to how some people, “don’t get America[1]“.

On both the far-left side and the far-right of the argument, you have the guardians of thought. A minority of social justice warriors who see people as groups rather than individuals. To them, they use schemas of near-sighted reasoning to categorize everyone in accordance with prejudicial notions that are compounded by congenital ignorance. The Haves and the Have-nots, this race or that race, this religion or that religion, et cetera. They use identity politics and emotionally charged rhetoric as a means to garner support for (and justify) their absolute bigotry (e.g. neo-Nazis, ANTIFA, BLM, CAIR, KKK).

Sen. Sasse hit the nail on the head when he referred to universal dignity as being the fundamental principle and keystone component that made America the greatest nation history has ever known. Our tolerance and acceptance are what makes us exceptional. While revisionist historians knit-pick and try to deracinate “American Exceptionalism”, or race-baiting activists spew forth their vile divisive propaganda, our senator aptly labels it for what it is… “un-American poison”.

As Midwesterners, we place a lot of value on integrity, humility, honesty, tradition, and general courtesy towards everyone we meet. Perhaps that is because we live in the sparsely populated hinterland of the United States far from the megaregions, or perhaps it is rooted in our general non-secularism. Whatever the reason, I think it is safe to say that Midwestern values illustrate an example of what it means to be American. While we may not always agree with one another, and while we are far from perfect, I think Sen. Sasse makes a compelling argument that we will not be dragged down by benighted ne’er-do-wells who know absolutely nothing about “western heritage.”

[1] Hart, J. (2017, September 30). Ben Sasse’s Brilliant Takedown of “Pajama-Boy Nazi” White Nationalism. Retrieved October 02, 2017, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnhart/2017/09/30/ben-sasses-brilliant-takedown-of-pajama-boy-nazi-white-nationalism/#6977d8ff40a4

1. GOP Donor says:

Sasse as a Senator has been little more than an embarrassment to those who foolishly voted for him in the primary, and then begrudgingly followed through in the general election.

BS will have a difficult time winning the next primary in 2020.

• GOP Donor says:

It has been rumored than a relatively well-known, self-made millionaire/business owner in Omaha is already laying the groundwork for a primary run against Sasse in 2020. Stay tuned.

• Frau Blücher says:

Spencer’s too current.
        GOP Donor strikes me as old school.

Plus, Spencer shuns the White Supremacist title, in favor of ‘Identitarian’.
        Spencer’s late November appearance at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, D.C., is one of those a person simply can’t unwatch.
        Who can forget as he lead the little Nazi-wannabes in a Sieg Heil salute as they chanted:
        “Hail Trump, hail our people, hail victory!”

• Joshua Lively says:

GOP Donor –

As an independent, I don’t get to vote in the primaries. But, I voted for Sasse because of his conservative leadership/advocacy. I was disappointed with his vote to fast-track TPP, but other than that… I’m not sure what he has done that would make him an embarrassment. Would you mind elaborating?

I do think it was a bit inappropriate that a sitting GOP Senator openly called for a third-party… so I can see how that would be considered a slap in the face to the GOP.

• TexasAnnie says:

As an Independent, I get to vote in ANY primary election. That’s ‘any’ as in ‘any ONE primary.’ Or, I can refuse primary elections in favor of the Libertarian State Convention whereby the Libertarian candidate is chosen. But you know that about Texas, don’t ‘cha, J. Lively?

While living in Nebraska I helped petition the Libertarian Party onto the ballot not once, not twice, but three times! And after each effort I was greeted with the possibility of doing it over again when the general election failed to garner at least 5% of the vote in any statewide election. That’s ‘any’ as in ‘any single statewide candidacy.’ Does the 5% threshold still keep the Libertarians off the ballot there? Or has Chambers, et. al. succeeded in rewriting the election laws to the detriment of third parties, again? Chambers hated (still hates?) Initiative and Referendum also, and while most folks don’t know it, he and DiAnna Schimek worked feverishly to keep petition thresholds as unreasonably high as possible. They did not approve of Liberty…

I have noticed you use the small ‘l’ libertarian when espousing your views, J. Lively. Why? Do you possibly believe that you may convert the standard graft and greed of the Republican Party into an idea of ‘justice for all’???

• Kilgore says:

Annie laments:
        “..has Chambers, et. al. succeeded in rewriting the election laws to the detriment of third parties, again? Chambers hated (still hates?) Initiative and Referendum also, and while most folks don’t know it, he and DiAnna Schimek worked feverishly to keep petition thresholds as unreasonably high as possible. They did not approve of Liberty…”

A swing and a miss! Sorry Annie, here’s the inconvenient truth –
        September 14, 2017
        Nebraska sets highest bar in US for independent candidates
        “LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — A Nebraska law approved last year with no debate has set the nation’s highest bar for independent candidates to qualify for statewide races such as governor and U.S. Senate, contradicting the state’s history of downplaying partisan politics.

Critics said the measure was quietly inserted into an omnibus elections law to maintain the Republican party stranglehold on every statewide office.

..The law requires nonpartisan candidates in partisan statewide elections to collect signatures from at least 10 percent of the state’s registered voters — roughly 119,000 people as of August. Previously, candidates in Nebraska needed just 4,000 signatures. That’s a tall order in the mostly rural state with only two major cities.

..The new Nebraska requirement, introduced by a Republican Sen. John Murante, was added to an omnibus elections proposal after a hearing in which no one testified but the measure’s sponsor.

..Nebraska’s law is “plainly unconstitutional” based on federal court cases in Illinois, North Carolina, Ohio and other states with similar or less stringent requirements, said Richard Winger, a nationally-recognized ballot access activist.”

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

• The Grundle King says:

Kilgore,

At no point did you come close to addressing the content of Annie’s post. You point to a recent event as evidence against her claims that date back at least a decade.

Grade: F

• Kilgore says:

The Grundle King,

Texas Annie asked a specific question about current practice –
        “Does the 5% threshold still keep the Libertarians off the ballot there? Or has Chambers, et. al. succeeded in rewriting the election..”

A question, about current actions and practice and individuals.
        A question which I specifically addressed.

Here’s your sign.

• TexasAnnie says:

Gosh, Kilgore (former Sparkles) I was thinking exactly what Grundle King wrote, while reading your reply. I didn’t even know about the new 10% threshold! It was a coincidence that I brought up my experience now, -in view of this recent news article. And this is not the first time you misread or misunderstood my comment and went off on a tear…

So what are y’all gonna do about this new law? How about you, J. Lively? For convenience of all, does anyone know the bill number and did it contain the emergency clause?

• The Eye Ball. says:

“GOP Donor”, if you were a serious donor, you would not be anonymous as your donations can be looked up on any FEC report. No one wants to run against Sasse because no one wants to debate him. T

2. whu?? says:

Can someone remind me where Ben Sasse was as Kris Kobach and Charlie Janssen defiled the community of Fremont and embarrassed our state?

By the way, BLM, antifa and CAIR (CAIR?.. really?) simply can’t be lumped in with neo-NAZI’s and the KKK.
    How many lynchings has BLM committed? Beatings, murders, burning?
    And where was it that antifa openly advocates for ethnic cleansing?
    And for christ’s sake, CAIR is a civil rights organization that has been praised by countless political and community leaders, left and right! Although frequently attacked by a collection of hate mongering Republicans seeking to inflame their ill-informed base, I can’t recall a single crime for which CAIR has ever been found guilty?

• John C. says:

Sasse was announced as the 15th president of Midland University in October 2009.

The referendum vote in Fremont was June 21, 2010.

• John C. says:

Duly noted, Gerard.

As a native and a community leader in waiting, I still would have liked to have seen him step forward.

• The Grundle King says:

@ John C,

Right…and the criticisms of Sasse would have been that he should mind his business at Midlands.

• John C. says:

@ Grundle

A seminal event in the history of the community of Fremont, and Ben was cowed by the thought of criticism from the communities’most regressive extremists?

Ben Sasse’s hometown, the community where it was known he would soon be one of its most prominent leaders. A man who at the time was certain to have been entertaining plans for a high profile future in politics. (and therein lies the key)
        Yet Ben Sasse sat back and watched dreg like Kris Kobach and Charlie Jansen shit all over his community.
        Watched silently as one of the most vile actors of the xenophobic right brought shame and embarrassment to our state.

Not exactly a profile in courage.

• Joshua Lively says:

Whu??

CAIR has significant ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, an organization that openly calls for the “Death and Destruction” of Israel and Jews. In Pakistan, they essentially run the Red Mosque and fund most of the Taliban schools in the FATA/NWFP (Now Khyberpakhtunwan). Egypt and UAE have declared them a terrorist organization. CAIR also has direct ties to Hamas, Hezbollah, Al-Qa’eda, the Taliban. My Afghan-American friends (Muslim) completely denounce CAIR and their direct ties to violent, radical groups. Not to mention, they also denounce CAIR’s lobbying to enact Sharia law in the US, because it is used to brutalize women and sex slaves. Lastly, CAIR lost FBI contracts because of its direct monetary ties (fundraising) for the above-mentioned terrorist groups.

ANTIFA, initiates street violence and is openly calling for the violent overthrow of the US government and law enforcement.

BLM is involved in violent demonstrations and the destruction of public and private property. They also spew anti-LE rhetoric that has been the cause of violence against police. Granted, there are a lot of peaceful protests with BLM signage… but I personally think all lives matter, so I cannot support a group that advocates racial divisiveness.

I’m not saying all of them have the same fundamental views or missions, but they are not good organizations. They promote violence against others… therefore… they get lumped in with the KKK and Nazis in my book.

• CAIR does not lobby to enact sharia law in the US. It took Oklahoma to court over a ban on religious laws, which a Federal judge struck down because it would have invalidated Muslim wills and therefore be an infringement on religion..

The decision was upheld on appeal.

Way to support the Constitution, Josh.

• Joshua Lively says:

Gerard Harbinson…

And why did Oklahoma lawmakers try to enact a constitutional amendment that prohibits state courts from considering international or Islamic law when deciding cases? Because there is sharia law being practiced in the US, which contradicts the US Constitution and violates the rights of women and children. I realize CAIR has to deal with a deluge of ignorant bigots on a daily basis, but I am not one of them.

This is straight from CAIR’s website wherein they are helping a “sharia-compliant” company. So if they are not advocating for Sharia, then why are they supporting organizations that do? Am I confused?

Here is CAIR’s website wherein they are fighting (or fought) all sorts of laws aimed at making Sharia Law illegal in the US. https://www.cair.com/press-center/press-releases/14104-cair-challenges-unconstitutional-anti-islam-bills-in-arkansas-montana-idaho-oregon.html

Here is a story in the Washington Post about the controversy of Sharia Courts operating in America:

We follow the constitution… CAIR cries “religious intolerance” and “anti-Muslim bigotry” every time someone tries to outlaw their barbaric sharia law here in the States. Have you been to places like Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Oman, Yemen, Pakistan, or Afghanistan? I have… and they absolutely suck for women. I have talked to women who have been brutally raped but couldn’t get four male witnesses to prove it; one had to go to prison because it was considered adultery (by her), rather than rape. Seriously? Are there any doubts as to why Sharia is incompatible with the US Constitution?

Secondly, Sharia Law forbids governance by any other law; ergo, it does not bind the communities that practice it to any central law (i.e. the US constitution).

Lastly, Islam and Sharia are not the same things. Sharia Law is Islamic jurisprudence that is directed by males… women get no say in the decisions… and it is “inspired” by the Qu’ran, but I have often found it to be more contradictory to the case and simply allows men to treat women like garbage and feel good about themselves at the end of the day. Plus, I WILL NEVER support jurisprudence that allows for slaves and the rape of those slaves.

I challenge you… go to Google and search “Man Cuts off Wife’s Nose/Face”… don’t even put a country or a religion in there… let me know if the results seem benign. If the courts truly understood the nuances of Sharia law, and the plight of the women brutalized under it… they would ban its practices here in the US.

My point is this, I have read the Qu’ran in three languages, and I have been to most Muslim countries in the Middle East and Southwest Asia over a 20-year period. Also, I gave my youngest daughter a Persian name in honor of my Afghan (Muslim) friends I consider to be my “older brothers” (by all definitions of the word). Trust me, I would support CAIR if it wasn’t linked to terrorist organizations or advocating for Sharia Law here in the US and Canada. I have great Muslim friends that agree with me…

• Gerard Harbison, always and forever #nevertrump says:

“And why did Oklahoma lawmakers try to enact a constitutional amendment that prohibits state courts from considering international or Islamic law when deciding cases? Because there is sharia law being practiced in the US, which contradicts the US Constitution and violates the rights of women and children.”

Well, no. As long as it’s a private contract between Muslims, it’s protected by the First Amendment, and can no more be discounted than any other private contract agreed to under the auspices of a religious organization. And that’s what the district and appeals court found.

“This is straight from CAIR’s website wherein they are helping a “sharia-compliant” company. So if they are not advocating for Sharia, then why are they supporting organizations that do? ”

C’mon, Joshua. If I advocate for the free speech rights of a leftist, does that mean I’ve endorsed leftism?

There are Catholic courts operating in this country, under canon law. You know (or should know) how well that worked in child sex abuse cases. But do we have laws banning canon law courts?

Google “Applying God’s Law: Religious Courts and Mediation in the U.S.”

And I don’t care how many of your best friends are Muslim. This is about the first amendment, not religion.

• The Grundle King says:

“Well, no. As long as it’s a private contract between Muslims, it’s protected by the First Amendment…”

A ‘private contract’ wherein one of the the contracted parties has absolutely no protections, and is forced into said contract under duress is an invalid contract. Seeing as Sharia Law totally subjugates women to their male masters, then it would seem that any ‘contract’ based on Sharia Law would be null and void on its face.

• The Grundle King says:

“If it’s a contract signed under duress, a court will invalidate it.”

If it ever makes it into a courtroom.

3. Whu? says:

In response to CAIR being designated a terrorist organization, the U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry immediately replied:
    “Let me reiterate, first, that the U.S. government clearly does not consider CAIR to be a terrorist organization. As your letter noted, the Department of State rejected this allegation immediately after the UAE designations were announced in November, and we will continue to do so.”

So, you can side with Egypt if you choose, but your government strongly disagrees.

And the claim of ties to the Muslim Brotherhood is tenuous, at best.

CAIR is in fact not lobbying for the imposition of Sharia law in America.

And having looked up your claim of that – “(antifa is) openly calling for the violent overthrow of the US government and law enforcement.” – I find myself perplexed.
    Alex Jones?
    Really?
    Are you a kook, Josh? A nutter?

• Joshua Lively says:

Whu??

Clearly, your only access to information is what you read on the internet. Some of my information about CAIR is from my Muslim friends… the other, I got from first-hand experience in the Middle East and Southwest Asia. Can you refute that the FBI didn’t cancel their contracts because of ties to terrorist groups?

• Whu? says:

Although they chose to distance themselves from CAIR in 2009, the FBI never found reason to bring charges against the organization.

And while the FBI and CAIR have no formal relationship, CAIR officials and chapters have continued to work regularly with FBI officials. You’ll find Republican and Democratic elected officials, along with community leaders in cities around the nation that regularly praise the work of CAIR.

So sorry, but I’m going to leave it to those of you on the right to support the Islamophobia industry.

• Joshua Lively says:

Whu?

Those on the right? Dear God… have you ever been outside the US? Why would I give my youngest daughter a Muslim name, to honor my Afghan friends, if I was Islamophobic? Why would I participate in Ramadan fasting, to be respectful to my Muslim friends, if I was Islamophobic? Why would I go to the annual Eid-e Noruz or Eid celebrations if I was Islamophobic?

You my friend… are an idiot. تو یه احمق هستی

4. Whu? says:

“I commend the Council (on American – Islamic Relations) for their efforts promoting justice and mutual understanding.”
    -former Sen. Jim Webb (Sept 2011)
    Former Secretary of the Navy (under Reagan and H.W.); recipient of the Navy Cross for Heroism, Silver Star, Bronze Star and Purple Heart.

“CAIR is a fierce advocate for protecting the civil liberties for people of all faiths. Your members are a powerful voice calling for peace and a strong promoter of religious freedom.”
    -Sen. Tammy Duckworth (Oct 2016)
    Lt. Col. Duckworth lost her right leg near the hip and her left leg below the knee from injuries sustained on November 12, 2004, when the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter she was co-piloting was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade fired by Iraqi insurgents. She was the first female double amputee from the Iraq war.

“I applaud the Council for continuing this tradition of bringing together community leaders and scholars to celebrate CAIR’s work defending civil liberties.”
    -Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) (Oct 2015)
    Major Kinzinger was initially a KC-135 Stratotanker pilot, flying missions in South America, Guam, Iraq and Afghanistan. He later switched to flying the RC-26 surveillance aircraft and was stationed in Iraq twice.
    Kinzinger has served in the Air Force Special Operations Command, Air Combat Command and Air Mobility Command

“Our democracy requires the active participation of informed citizens, and I commend CAIR for its efforts to support the principles of civic engagement on which the United States of America was founded.”
    -Rep. John Lewis (Oct 2016)
    One of America’s most prominent Civil Rights leaders, recipient of our nation’s highest civilian honor, the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

I could continue, but, why?

5. Sparkles says:

I love GH. He is a cheeky realist and has been consistent in his positions. He also has a cute smile that this daft div adores.

Sen. Sasse wrongly concludes “universal dignity” as being fundamental and key.

The term “dignity” stinks of PC unreality. It is vaporous. Nazi’s felt dignity in gassing people, with the best of intentions. They were helping society. Soviets too in neglecting millions to death in gulags, and we too find dignity in death, in our painless executions, in our warriors killing. As a combat officer, and you may already know this, I guarantee that death be not proud. We can academically paint ourselves into logic corners that can become deadly as policy. Dignity is just too floppy.

Instead, there is valuing law and life. Sasse rather lazily assumes feeling dignity in people forces us to apply equality of law and see others as equally deserving life. But feeling is the problem. For we feel some people are less dignified and we then feel we need not apply law or sustain life with equal vigor. In the end, we can find plenty of dignity in violating laws and killing people. So, at the risk of seeming to parse, while Sasse is correct in his basic assumptions, him ending up with the word “dignity” is questionable. It’s a term humanities professors use. Real scientists find it too floppy. Embracing this kind of thinking, as policy, can get us all killed.

To lighten this up… Go to “The Rational Ape, The POSTMODERNISM GENERATOR.” It will instantly create for you a syntactically correct, scholarly appearing essay full of familiar-sounding terms and yet is completely meaningless. It can get you an “A” from some humanities professors. It will make most journalists respect your intelligence. You may even get it published.

Sokal’s hoax some years ago was a similar paper full of nonsense that sounded scholarly and spouted what non-scientific professors love to hear. It was published in a scholarly journal though it was, basically, a blow job wrapped in academic bologna.

• Stan says:

The Rational Ape…

Wait.. wasn’t that the pen name of Sarah Palin’s speech writer?
      It’s been rumored it was this same individual who crafted the talking points for all of the Republican’s recent healthcare repeal (wealthcare) attempts.
      It could have been no other that was responsible for Ben Carson’s campaign stump speeches.
      And who can forget the girl with the far-away eyes, Michele Bachmann. Surely she had the Rational Ape on retainer for her presidential runs.

Q:
      Who are clearly the two most motivating, inspirational leaders of the right in the last two decades?
      A:
      1 – Sarah Palin
      2 – Donald Trump

You add in Ben Carson and Michele Bachmann and you’ve got 4 Republican candidates who have each been the leading GOP light at given points in the last two decades.

Yet we now find the supporters of Palin and Trump (Bachmann and Carson) attacking Ben Sasse based on his use of “familiar-sounding terms and yet is completely meaningless.”

GOPsychotic.

Are you are suggesting real scientist Harbison should be the Senator and Ben Sasse should be on the outside blogging his feelings? That sort of makes sense.

8. colorblinder says:

Mr. Lively, my advice is, don’t have friends who are idiots.

I and my family are not white, we are immigrants. The same people who call you Islamophobic, call us xenophobic racists.

Once a person, smart or stupid, moves one inch beyond what’s real to hug some crap they believe in, there is no bottom to the idiocy. It just keeps going.

9. Balls in a Money Clip says:

NRA political contributions in the 2016 election cycle:

Republicans: $5,900,000

Democrats: $106,000

$5,900,000 is the most money gun lobbyists have given since at least 1990.

courtesy: The Center for Responsive Politics, a nonpartisan think tank that tracks money in politics.

• The Grundle King says:

Gosh, really shows you which party is actually interested in securing the SCOTUS-affirmed Constitutional protections afforded to the people by the 2nd Amendment.

The anti-gun Michael Bloomberg donated almost $24 million exclusively to liberal groups during the 2016 election cycle.

The left when the pro-gun NRA spends $6 million: “Big money in politics is baaad!!!!”
      The left when anti-gun Bloomberg spends $24 million: ***garbled screeching***

• Balls in a Money Clip says:

Sorry Charlie, your google is broken.

Bloomberg spent $25 million on state gun control measures in just 3 states; Nevada, Maine and Washington. Not “liberal groups”, but ballot initiatives.

It’s been widely reported that Bloomberg donated more than $65 million in the 2016 cycle.
        He is reported to have backed 18 individual candidates; six Senate candidates and six House candidates, including some personal friends like Arizona Sen. John McCain (R) and New York Rep. Dan Donovan (R).
        He also supported Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk (R), California Senate candidate Kamala Harris (D) and Massachusetts Rep. Seth Moulton (D).

Bloomberg’s Independence USA PAC put $6 million in ads behind Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey (R) for his leadership on gun control legislation after the Newtown shooting.

• The Grundle King says:

Ah, my apologies.

Many thanks for making the NRA look like EVEN LESS of a political bogeyman than you initially attempted to!

• Balls in a Money Clip says:

There’s nothing that can make the NRA look like less of bogeyman.

The expansion of WWII, courtesy of America’s additional forces, didn’t make Hitler look like less of a monster.

10. Telling says:

Fascinating.

The Alliance for Securing Democracy has a new site/product called Hamilton 68 (simply google it) that tracks, in near real time, the activity from 600 monitored Twitter accounts linked to Russian influence operations.

The Advisory Council of the Alliance for Securing Democracy includes the likes of Michael Chertoff, Secr of Homeland Security under G.W.; Bill Kristol (Weekly Standard); CIA veteran Michael Morell (acting Director of the CIA, 2011-13); Mike Rogers, FBI special agent, Republican Congressman and Chairman of the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence; Admiral James Stavridis, U.S. Navy (Ret.) former Commander of European Command and Supreme Allied Commander, Europe, and other very prominent figures.

It’s shocking how many times these 600 sites, known to be Russian affiliated propaganda outlets, link back to stories found at Fox News, InfoWars, NewsMax, National Review and others.

• You're traveling through another dimension.. says:

A quick check of Russian propaganda operations this morning at Hamilton 68 shows traffic at creepingsharia dot wordpress is up 700% in the last 48 hours

– the Top URL (times mention in the last 48 hours) is:
      Truthfeednews dot com, with their lead story; /breaking-vegas-shooter-worked-for-feds-

Also trending are mikeflynndefensefund and InfoWars.
      Driving traffic at Infowars is Alex Jones claiming the Vegas shooter is either a radicalized muslim terrorist, or he’s antifa, because “They found antifa information in the room and photos of the women in the Middle East,” Jones says in his familiar Texan growl. “There was antifa crap everywhere.”

11. Alan says:

Sweeper notes (on the right) the National Review’s Jonah Goldberg interviews Ben Sasse for Jonah’s inaugural podcast.

The interview opens with Ben Sasse comparing the Republican party to piece of street art currently on display in front of the Smithsonian.
    Apparently an ‘artist’ has parked a ’78 Chrysler LeBaron in front of the Smithsonian, then lowered on to it a 1.5 ton boulder, a rock approximately the same size as the car, the boulder crushing the car completely, frame akimbo.

Later, Goldberg says he believes the problem w/the R party is that they continually seek only to heighten tensions, believing that any initiative that makes people madder, is self-justifying.

Then they both joke about the freakshow that is Alabama’s Republican candidate for Senate.

Odd.

12. Anon says:

Ben can give interviews, write books, tweet, and pose for pictures, that is all he is good for. Obama’s nemesis isn’t worth a crap as a legislator.

13. Calamity Jane says:

In yesterday’s testimony before Sens. Deb Fischer, Ben Sasse and the Senate Armed Services Committee, General James Mattis said it is in America’s national security interest to re-certify and remain in the JCPOA (Iran nuclear deal).

It’s also been reported within the last 24 hours that Secr. of State Rex Tillerson is working behind the scenes with congress on the Iran nuclear deal, hoping to head off the possibility of an international crisis of Trump’s doing.
    “Tillerson has said the problem with the JCPOA is not the JCPOA,” one senior administration official said, using the acronym for the 2015 nuclear deal, known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action.
    “It’s the legislation,” the official said. “Every 90 days the president must certify and its creates a political crisis.”

Oh, it’s also just been reported that Tillerson called Trump a ‘moron’.